Wyo 2024 Elk Regions and Quotas

bm-55

FNG
What do you make of this - tag quotas seem… low?

I’m keen to see some analysis / opinion articles, sitting at 5 points and not sure what to think.

jmez

WKR
How many NR general tags did they give out last year?

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

160andup

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, adding them up from the draw reports its slightly under 3500 for general tags last year. Plenty more this year.

The question is whether or not the more is where we need it or if it is just another gift to private land outfitters in other regions. They most likely will have much better odds of booking more hunters. No longer have to compete with the large number of applicants who hunt the other side of the state.

go_deep

WKR
Licenses quotes were set based on where NR hunters reported they hunted on their hunt survey over the previous few years. Don't remember the exact number, but there more licenses now than previously, not a lot, but more.

Archer86

WKR
The question is whether or not the more is where we need it or if it is just another gift to private land outfitters in other regions. They most likely will have much better odds of booking more hunters. No longer have to compete with the large number of applicants who hunt the other side of the state.
I think this is they key this was a gift to the east side outfitters. I am waiting to see what it does to the other regions so i can see where my family and friends can get tags and use some points the next few years

KHNC

WKR
Yep. Pretty wild that more people hunt the Meeker 1st rifle tag in CO than all of Wyoming for NR.
Somehow it sure seems like a LOT more NR archery hunters out there than the numbers indicate each time ive hunted in Sept. But it may seem that way from the sheer numbers of resident hunters out there as well. They all get lumped together in my mind. Ill just call them all nonresidents, same as the locals do. lol

Somehow it sure seems like a LOT more NR archery hunters out there than the numbers indicate each time ive hunted in Sept. But it may seem that way from the sheer numbers of resident hunters out there as well. They all get lumped together in my mind. Ill just call them all nonresidents, same as the locals do. lol
Here’s to hoping I’ll be one of the non residents this year. Would love to have a nice hunt compared to Colorado where I reside.

Here’s to hoping I’ll be one of the non residents this year. Would love to have a nice hunt compared to Colorado where I reside.
Wy archery where we went was a ghost town. We saw 2 guys together one AM and another guy crossing the road from an AM hunt. That was it, and we hunted 4 different areas in a 14 day period. I hope to get back some day, but it will be cheapy random If I do.

Wy archery where we went was a ghost town. We saw 2 guys together one AM and another guy crossing the road from an AM hunt. That was it, and we hunted 4 different areas in a 14 day period. I hope to get back some day, but it will be cheapy random If I do.
That’s awesome to hear.