Wyo 2024 Elk Regions and Quotas

drdrop

FNG

JFK

WKR
Is it public knowledge where the demand is regionally for general tags? In other words, where past NR have used their gen tag in relation to these new regional quotas? That would give a guy at least some very rough idea of draw odds going into 24’.

Archer86

WKR
Is it public knowledge where the demand is regionally for general tags? In other words, where past NR have used their gen tag in relation to these new regional quotas? That would give a guy at least some very rough idea of draw odds going into 24’.
The numbers that are proposed are supposedly close to previous years hunter numbers in those regions. Not sure there will be a way to predict what's going to happen this year. I think it is just a guess

Thanks to all for this info. I’ve been wondering how much of an increase in tags there was going to be.

The numbers that are proposed are supposedly close to previous years hunter numbers in those regions. Not sure there will be a way to predict what's going to happen this year. I think it is just a guess
How do they have any idea who hunts where? Game check stations don’t really have those numbers. The only thing on paper that I can think of would be outfitted hunts when they file their use reports.

Brijake

FNG
Probably need this year to figure out where people are putting in and how the draw odds will be moving forward.

Badger 5

Lil-Rokslider
Very interested in seeing how this plays out. Our groups has 5.33 points and will be applying for the western general tag. It seems like our odds should be good, but time will tell as this year is sort of an experiment.

Jaquomo

WKR
Probably need this year to figure out where people are putting in and how the draw odds will be moving forward.
Will take several years, since people will adjust their draw strategy in '25 based on what happens in '24

Very interested in seeing how this plays out. Our groups has 5.33 points and will be applying for the western general tag. It seems like our odds should be good, but time will tell as this year is sort of an experiment.
I'd go general cheap fee with those numbers.

Brijake

FNG
Will take several years, since people will adjust their draw strategy in '25 based on what happens in '24
Ah yes that is true! Will be interesting and waiting 5 months to figure out this first round. Crazy they take that long, but that’s been hit so many times on all the forums.

I think you got it in the regular draw (but who knows!?). I've got 5 and and I'm afraid I'll have a repeat of last year's draw; i.e., the round number doesn't draw it. Anything over 5 will draw but 5 won't do it.