Wyoming Antelope Results Tomorrow!

Anyone drawing area 22 for Antelope or region C for mule deer and how many points did it take, Have a hunt lined up for those in 2023 if we can draw. Have hunted that area in the past and it did not take many points. Just trying to get a ideal of the point creep. Have had good luck in that area for two years with the exception of last year and then the weather had us holed up for 3 days. We try yo go every other year. Good luck to those who drew. Keep em in the cross hairs.

mod7rem

FNG
Got very lucky this year. My group drew antelope area 83 as first choice. We must have got drawn in the NR random draw because we had just over 1 pref point avg for the group. There were only 6 random tags available and we must have gotten 5 of them, unless I’m reading all the info wrong lol.
I had no expectation of getting our first choice. A very nice surprise. At the most, I was hoping to get our second choice and build our preference points up again.

Fitzwho

WKR
Just checked the odds. The unit I drew with 5 points in the special was 100% with 3 points last year. It was 20% with 5 points this year. I was the one that drew out of 5 people with 5 points in the Special Drawing.

Hun10-freak

Lil-Rokslider
No luck for me, I will have 6 points for deer and pronghorn next year. I feel like I'm in no man's land.

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
I drew a late season whitetail buck tag. That will be fun, having never shot a whitetail buck before. (I know, crazy, right, but Western WY has mainly mulies. Whitetail hunting is new to me as an adult) I've shot a few does and I've helped my wife take a few bucks but now it's my turn.
I did draw a handful of doe and cow tags, but I'm not sure my freezer will be empty enough by fall, so I'll probably stick with trying to fill my general deer, elk and my whitetail tag. I'm definitely not complaining about opportunity.

Last edited:

Steve759

FNG
I combined my 10 pts with my brother’s 1 pt and we scored big with 5.5 pts. We each won a buck and 2 doe tags in what sounds like a pretty decent unit. The win rate in our unit dropped off significantly at 5 pts, so I feel like we got very good value with the 5.5 pts we had. It will be my brother’s first ever hunting trip and my first WY hunting trip. We are super stoked!

elkster

FNG
The unit we drew jumped 1.63 points from last year in the special draw. We had no cushion as 5 applicants were drawing for 4 tags. It will be my first ( I hope not my last ) antelope hunt.
Good luck to all who drew.

ncstewart

WKR
Blanked once again….. well on to AZ deer I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wags

WKR
I combined my 10 pts with my brother’s 1 pt and we scored big with 5.5 pts. We each won a buck and 2 doe tags in what sounds like a pretty decent unit. The win rate in our unit dropped off significantly at 5 pts, so I feel like we got very good value with the 5.5 pts we had. It will be my brother’s first ever hunting trip and my first WY hunting trip. We are super stoked!

Points well spent. I’m sure the two of you will have a blast. Good luck on the hunt.