Wyoming Antelope Unit 25

elkla

FNG
Hello, my sons and I plus a friend have drawn unit 25 in Wyoming Antelope as a second choice. Just wondering if anyone has any advice for that unit?
I have hunted out west for many years , elk and mule deer but first time in Wyoming for antelope.

Appreciate any and all information !

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There are a bunch of tiny chunks of public that will usually hold antelope! Look for small sections of public in creek bottoms and you should find bucks!

OP
E

elkla

FNG
Thanks 1shotgear !
Appreciate information.
Have to study up on the roads in that unit (what's public and private) and get an OnX map for Wyoming.
Read in previous post that we should contact BLM & Casper WGFD for road info.

FLS

WKR
Don’t go without some sort of land ownership / navigation software. Look up County GIS maps for what roads are public. Good luck

OP
E

elkla

FNG
Thanks FLS ! Read something about GIS maps, is that something that is put on GPS ?

FLS

WKR
It’s a count map, or series of maps showing rads, land ownership, etc.

Call the Casper office and talk to the bios. Some nice guys there and worth calling way ahead of the season.

I am not the OP, but we had a group of 5 hunt this unit this year. We killed 9 in the first two days. After that, it was hard to even spot an Antelope in Public. Lots of people and very little access to land. Lots of landlocked pieces that you could walk too, but that others with private access could drive to. Kind of a tough place to hunt, but we got it done quick. 4 Bucks and 5 Does. All the Bucks were 70” plus. It is doable, but there are better units out there.

I am not the OP, but we had a group of 5 hunt this unit this year. We killed 9 in the first two days. After that, it was hard to even spot an Antelope in Public. Lots of people and very little access to land. Lots of landlocked pieces that you could walk too, but that others with private access could drive to. Kind of a tough place to hunt, but we got it done quick. 4 Bucks and 5 Does. All the Bucks were 70” plus. It is doable, but there are better units out there.
That’s impressive!

PaHunter86

Lil-Rokslider
Would you say Unit 34 or 38 are better?

Smfigari

FNG
I know it's crowded, but I have heard some horror stories about hunters getting accidentally shot at, people racing them to bucks, etc. Did you experience any of this? I am planning a hunt in that unit this year.