Wyoming Archery Draw Odds

Ken Swenson

Lil-Rokslider
Planning to apply for a Wyoming archery mule deer tag next year with two points, and have been trying to make some sense of the state's publications on draw odds.

If I'm looking at their hunt "types" correctly, archery-only units are Type 9. However, when I pull a draw odds table from their website, I only see types 1-3 in the publication:

1692915373620.png

Is there anywhere online where you've been able to see draw odds for archery-only units? I've also heard that some of the Type 1 units allow archery hunting on top of the ALW season as well. How do we know which units allow for this?

Thanks all

mntnguide

WKR
That's cause there aren't any archery only mule deer hunts in the state. And any type 1 tag or general tag will allow you to hunt archery for the most part. Depending on the area which you would need to check in the regulations and will say when and if there is an archery season as well.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
There are no or very few archery only deer areas in Wy, but most areas have a separate archery season. You do have to buy a separate archery license that is good for all species you have a tag for in that species archery season.

Trial153

WKR
Draw the type one tag and then buy an archery license. Just make sure the unit has an open archery season.

The type 9 tags are elk and Lope tags that have a general season after the first two weeks( maybe three ) of season as archery only. After that you can then hunt it with a general tag and archery licenses

wytx

WKR
For deer just get the licenses and buy an archery licenses also, make sure the area or region has an open archery season.
Some Type 9 elk areas do not allow archery hunting on a Type 1 licenses, some do.
If you have a Type 9 then you do not have to buy an archery license too.
And no you can't have Type 9 elk and a General elk license.