Wyoming Elk Application

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
With the non-resident elk application deadline now passed, I’m curious where everyone applied.....

Whip

WKR
Well since they allow you to amend your application for another 3+ months yet my lips are sealed.

OP
L

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Got it, I thought it was for withdrawal only.....should probably read up on this ‘amendment’ period.

Razkul99

FNG
I feel like the point creep in WY is already out of control and so the special tag option may be the only way out. The area I am looking to hunt takes nothing to draw for residents but the non-res situation is not so rosy.

I put in for general with a neighbor. Are the draw odds much better in the special draw vs regular?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEHusker

WKR
Can somebody tell me, if we are allowed to "amend" our application for several more months, why we had to have our apps in by the end of January? What the hell is the point of that? Collect interest on our money? Seriously....

WyoElk

WKR
Can somebody tell me, if we are allowed to "amend" our application for several more months, why we had to have our apps in by the end of January? What the hell is the point of that? Collect interest on our money? Seriously....

It allows the outfitters to get their clients lined up before the other states open applications. Not many people are a fan except the WGOA

Basically. Several individuals used WY as their first state to apply for, didn't draw, would roll that money onto the next state. Also helps out outfitters to lock people in first.

It ties up people’s funds that might be tempted to apply for other states like say Arizona, New Mexico or Montana.

If folks have the money to float and still apply for others it really makes minimal difference outside of the interest carry. Nice free carry trade for WY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEHusker

WKR
It allows the outfitters to get their clients lined up before the other states open applications. Not many people are a fan except the WGOA

wouldn't they be able to do that anyway when we drew a tag at the end of the month? Just like in the past? It kept me out of the draw, even with the slim chance of a random tag. I’m not tying my money up for four months just to give them a little extra interest… It’s ridiculous. They lost my application and I’ll just get a point until I know I can draw the unit that I want for sure. I’m curious to see how their applications are going to be this year with this new rule. Totally stupid. I’d much rather apply in Arizona (only charged if I draw), New Mexico, and Montana where at least I know there’s a fair shot at getting a tag without a bunch of BS. Screw them. Wyoming better watch out, raising prices, point creep out of control, and now talking about reducing nonresident tags. I know one thing… My next elk tag will probably be my last in Wyoming. Done with their games.

Last edited: