Wyoming Elk Application

sneaky

"DADDY"
I put in for general with a neighbor. Are the draw odds much better in the special draw vs regular?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They used to be a lot better, but they've come down a bit as more people apply in the special now due to point creep.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Basically. Several individuals used WY as their first state to apply for, didn't draw, would roll that money onto the next state. Also helps out outfitters to lock people in first.
Ha. Outfitters pushed this, this isn't because people were rolling money from one draw to the next. This is WGOA driven. People who are going to use an outfitter are going to use one regardless of when the draw is.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Supposedly the change was to give applicants the opportunity to see the final tag numbers that are finalized in April's meetings and have a chance to amend their applications. Moving the application period back to April would have been the smart play as they always draw about 3 weeks after the deadline anyway. The WGOA pushed for keeping the application period in January so they could hook clients.

Trial153

WKR
Wonder if one change you can make is two switch between the regular and special draw? ....

204guy

WKR
Wapitibob would know, but I dont think so Trial.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ha. Outfitters pushed this, this isn't because people were rolling money from one draw to the next. This is WGOA driven. People who are going to use an outfitter are going to use one regardless of when the draw is.

The number of people who have $5k+ to let sit for tags is probably smaller than you think. Some people will use outfitters no matter what, others will use it as a last resort. Point being is holding people's money was the strategy employed.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The number of people who have $5k+ to let sit for tags is probably smaller than you think. Some people will use outfitters no matter what, others will use it as a last resort. Point being is holding people's money was the strategy employed.
Yep, and that was pushed for by WGOA. That's a fact. Just like they're pushing for 30% of NR tags to be set aside in the new bill they're pushing. You would be surprised at the number of people who float $5k+ for tags EVERY year across multiple states. It's more than you think. Wyoming could have absolutely pushed the application period back to Apr1-May1 and been able to do what they're doing now. The outfitters didn't want that. Whatever the outfitters want in Wyoming, they get.