Wyoming

Carr5vols

WKR
Roksliders my 15 year olds fall break is the first full week in October and he is wanting to chase mule deer that week. Wyoming looks like our only option based on timing and he has no PP for wyoming so have to pick a subpar area.

For you guys that have been in Wyoming is there a chance to kill at least a 3x3 or 4x4 is these units. Nothing big just a decent deer. We backpack hunt so we are used to getting away from the road and road hunters.

Just trying to keep him interested.

Thank you for any response.

Last edited:
Roksliders my 15 year olds fall break is the first full week in October and he is wanting to chase mule deer that week. Wyoming looks like our only option based on timing and he has no PP for wyoming so have to pick a subpar area.

For you guys that have been in Wyoming unit 75/76 is there a chance to kill at least a 3x3 or 4x4 is these units. Nothing big just a decent deer. We backpack hunt so we are used to getting away from the road and road hunters.

I've spent some time in there and I think you should be able to find some critters like you're looking for. Here's a buddy's buck that is pretty standard 4 pt in one of those areas. Not a ton of backpack-type areas there, but you could go and have fun with your boy and a Region D tag if you like to put in a little work and if the weather cooperates.

Attachments

• IMG_8449.jpg
    IMG_8449.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 92
OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
I've spent some time in there and I think you should be able to find some critters like you're looking for. Here's a buddy's buck that is pretty standard 4 pt in one of those areas. Not a ton of backpack-type areas there, but you could go and have fun with your boy and a Region D tag if you like to put in a little work and if the weather cooperates.

Thanks for the input. I like all the trash on that rack.

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR

Just trying to keep him interested and spend as much time in the woods with him I can before he grows up.

zanebarre

FNG

For you guys that have been in Wyoming unit 75/76 is there a chance to kill at least a 3x3 or 4x4 is these units. Nothing big just a decent deer. We backpack hunt so we are used to getting away from the road and road hunters.

Did you guys draw a General D Mule deer tag?