"You can't use a gun for self-protection..."

Shhhhhhhhhh. Dammit ,can everyone be quiet for a few seconds ........... huh I don't hear anything. Those dog whistles must be pretty high frequency. Lost a lot of hearing in my younger days enjoying the second ammendment without hearing protection ( at least that what my wife says) lol

And it would be a far bigger issue if everyone was anxiously walking around with guns.

I’m not saying that Canada doesn’t have problems, but it’s still significantly less violent than the USA by any measure, especially when it comes to gun deaths.
I terriblysorry guns frighten you. Educate me on immigration laws and demographics in Canda

Sure is convenient how everything bad is the fault of those who aren’t lily-white, huh? 🤔
Canada is 72.9% white European, US is 57.8%. Canada is a combined 4.4% African and Hispanic, US is 31.1%. Combine this with FBI crime stats and you’ll see the correlation. If there was information on Methbillies and trailer park troops I’d post it but there isn’t. There aren’t gangs of methbillies but there are of the other 2 and they account for far more than 50% of all violent crime in the US and they are them most pandered to by politicians in the US because they are convinced they can’t make it in life without them. We have Lyndon Johnson to thank for that, Lilly white racist president.

America is the greatest nation in our world. More of us Canadians ought to realize that we thrive under the protective umbrella of your country. It wasn't always that way, but since the World Wars, Canada(the government) has cut away at our military much in the same way as it has cut into our culture of firearms. At times we have had similar rights to those of your Second Amendment, but our government is dominated by an elite and entitled class that is mostly representative of those Canadians who live south of the 49th parallel adn in big cities. They have historically feared rebellion and insurrection by non-British immigrants, Fenians, Metis and other perceived threats. Between these periods of fear, our right to own firearms has, at times, resurfaced. The Liberal Party has held power more often than Conservatives and the reason is plain to see. Democrat, LBJ was brought up in an earlier post. He is quoted as saying something to the effect that 'it's better to have your enemies inside your tent pissing out , than outside your tent pissing in'. Democrats and Liberals are similar and the Liberals seem to share that strategy of putting up a big tent. They will pander to whatever sector of potential voters that they feel they can win over. Generally that sector is left of center and includes gun control advocates. Canadian conservatives tend to fracture into multiple parties and are generally spread. Our Conservative Party does unite the right from time to time and will often hold power during those times. Liberals don't care about the people or their causes whether it's Gay Pride or gun control, but will promise just about anything to those special interests, to get their vote.

This is the world we live in and it is increasingly hard to effect change. It would be great to carry sidearms here but getting an ATC is unlikely. Where I live, four-legged intruders are more likely than two-legged ones and unless you are in the drug business, the two-legged ones are not packing. By the bed is a 5-cell Maglite and a can of bear spray, two big dogs in the house and yeah, hockey sticks all over the place. Out and about, my, most carried protection is a can of Counter Assault, a fixed blade knife... and oh yeah, my .375/350 Woodleigh combo.

This is getting pretty windy, but when I first came to Rokslide this kind of topic wasn't on the radar; it was hunting, hunting, hunting. It's kind of disappointing to see all the negative commentary that is starting to show up.

Fantastic Day in America regarding our Constitution!!!! Our Supreme court reversed a previous decision that should have never been made. Activist Supreme court judges have legislated from the bench and today something that was created out of thin air got reversed. Yesterday New York got overruled for restricting the 2nd Amendment. Two days in a row and 2 Great Victories for our Constitution!!!

Theocracy?

Try living in Middle East or Asia to see what a theocracy is like
Save on travel and look outside.
Government funding for religious institutions
Government funding for religious schools
Able to interpret law based on religious belief
Churches pay no taxes on income or R.E
Rights are reserved for protective class
150 million people lose bodily autonomy and face prison for exercising it
Attacks on non heteronormative relationships
Societal acceptance for Christianity while all others are looked at as threats

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yeah, hooray for living in a backward theocracy! (y)
Save on travel and look outside.
Government funding for religious institutions
Government funding for religious schools
Able to interpret law based on religious belief
Churches pay no taxes on income or R.E
Rights are reserved for protective class
150 million people lose bodily autonomy and face prison for exercising it
Attacks on non heteronormative relationships
Societal acceptance for Christianity while all others are looked at as threats

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Both puerile and ignorant responses…

Here is a map of actual theocracies in 2022:
B4CF8C80-9811-4434-87E5-BE01DB4C0E59.jpeg

The 1A prevents federal (and 14A prevents states) from “establishing” an official religion, as well as preventing interference with freedom of worship. Funding religious institutions with an impartial hand doesn’t establish a religion. The recent SCOTUS decision is one of equal treatment under the law and removes the penalty of wanting to exercise religious practices.

As far as tax exempt status, again a case of equal treatment under the law. To be honest, I’d be happy to have Congress change the tax code to eliminate all 501(c)3 exemptions (charitable organizations) AS WELL AS 501(c)4 (civic leagues and social welfare organizations), 501(c)5 (labor organizations), 501(c)6 (business leagues), all the way through 501(c)29.

The 1A was NEVER intended to keep religion out of government; it was intended to keep government out of regulating religion. The 6th Congress (same generation of Founding Fathers) approved church services in the newly built Congressional Building…a practice that continued through the Civil War. If the Founders intended a “separation between church and state” as some promulgate its understanding today, then why isn’t that phrase found in the text of the Constitution or of the Bill of Rights?…and why would they have held church services in a Federal building?

The Constitution lists specific powers granted to the Federal government. It also states that anything else is reserved for the States and/or the people. The recent SCOTUS decision restores that balance.

Thankfully the anti-federalists insisted upon a BoR, otherwise we American citizens and legal resident aliens wouldn’t be able to use firearms for self preservation.

Back