Your Favorite Ground Venison Jerky Recipe?

Crusader

WKR
Guys, what's your favorite jerky seasoning mix for ground venison, either your own recipe or packaged/commercially available?

TX_Diver

WKR
I haven't tried it in Jerky yet but I used Waltons "Willies" snack stick seasoning in some sticks and am a fan. They have a version for jerky too that I intend to try.

I've been happy with most of the waltons products so far if a different one sounds better.

Jbxl20

WKR
I usually do the soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire mix from our pantry but this year I picked up some pit boss hickory and peppered kits on clearance at lowes. They both are good but the hickory has been a favorite from everyone that has tried it.

MarkOrtiz

Lil-Rokslider
Ground Venison Jerky

Base
2 lbs venison + 20 % fat
3t Garlic powder
2t Onion powder
3t Salt
3t Pepper

Teriyaki
Base + 2/3 cup teriyaki glaze

Sweet and Spicy
Base + 1 cup brown sugar
2t ground red pepper.

Mix this together and put into the jerky cannon. Put directly on the smoker grills and smoke at 180 for about 2-3 hours to your desired texture.

This is our favorite one so far. You make the base, then can also do teriyaki or sweet and spicy. We like all 3 flavors. I put it in the Jerky Cannon and squeeze it right on the smoker.

Green chili jerky. Don’t make as much anymore since I don’t process WG much anymore. This is elk green chili jerky.

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpeg
    IMG_0347.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 26

bard

Lil-Rokslider

I found this one on Hey Grill Hey. She has a lot of good recipies. Just made some with a combo of deer, Elk, and Beef brisket. It's great.​

INGREDIENTS

• ▢2 pounds lean ground beef (97/3)
  • ▢2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
  • ▢2 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • ▢2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • ▢2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • ▢2 teaspoons ground black pepper
  • ▢2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • ▢2 teaspoons onion powder
  • ▢1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • ▢1 teaspoon red pepper flake

dfosterh

FNG
If you like black pepper (I love it) here's my favorite. It's very simple and forgiving.

Per lb ground meat:
Up to 1/8cup Worcester
Up to 1/4cup soy
Up to 1tps *fresh ground* black pepper
1/5tsp or a little less #1 curing salt

Mix into meat, shape as desired (i like strips, but round works too) then liberally cover with more course fresh ground pepper before drying.

I've tried adjusting the above many times and have never had a batch that wasn't devoured.