Your favorite hunting knife?

Recently got the MKC Speedgoat Magnacut. American made, super lightweight, and the sheath is durable and configurable for different carry positions. Very impressed so far.

Outdoor Edge SwingBlade keeps getting the job done for me. Wife got me a benchmade but can't seem to let go of the swing blade.

kong

Lil-Rokslider
my favorite, but it's always accompanied by a Tyto w/ blades

toOD1s6.jpg
Who makes this one?

if you had to chose one knife to take hunting with you what would it be? Or do you take several? I’ve always used the outdoor edge replacement blade type knives but they don’t have much backbone. Any recommendations?
Mine isn’t very simple, but a dalstrong shogun paring knife, have someone put a new handle on it that works well for the application, and have a kydex sheath made… as a bonus, it’s a beautiful knife too

The blade steel on that knife is my favorite by far of any knife I’ve had. Holds an edge nearly as well as my altitude, but takes an edge way easier (easy to field sharpen)

I have a lot of knives, both custom and production, and the shogun is by far my favorite. I need to put a new grip on it and get a more appropriate sheath, but it’s the one fixed blade in my pack, and I carry a tyto… the blade steel on the dalstrong is legit though… stays sharp and sharpens easy

fwafwow

WKR
Mine isn’t very simple, but a dalstrong shogun paring knife, have someone put a new handle on it that works well for the application, and have a kydex sheath made… as a bonus, it’s a beautiful knife too

The blade steel on that knife is my favorite by far of any knife I’ve had. Holds an edge nearly as well as my altitude, but takes an edge way easier (easy to field sharpen)

I have a lot of knives, both custom and production, and the shogun is by far my favorite. I need to put a new grip on it and get a more appropriate sheath, but it’s the one fixed blade in my pack, and I carry a tyto… the blade steel on the dalstrong is legit though… stays sharp and sharpens easy
Sounds pretty awesome. Can you please post some pictures?

Sounds pretty awesome. Can you please post some pictures?
Yeah, but mine is still in stock form, plan on the conversion in the off season, it still has some work to do this year… it’s going to be the perfect knife for me shortly… need to figure out who will do a handle and sheath… I know such people exist, just haven’t done the research yet

keller

WKR
The knife my buddy Bob made for me.he can no longer hunt but he and his knife are with me on every hunt

Attachments

• 20231111_165553.jpg
    20231111_165553.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 61
I hate sharpening knives mostly because I always seem to **** them up. So I bought an outdoor edge 3.5 inch with replacement blades. Blades are cheap and it’s sharp as shit with a new blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Musky

Lil-Rokslider
I have a custom knife a guy named Don Beeler made for me. Met him on an ar forum probably a decade again. He was just starting to make a few for friends in his garage and I commissioned one from him. I'll have to find a photo somewhere.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
How’d you order that? I tried emailing him with no response.

Try him again, he’s usually pretty responsive. I will tell you he’s a couple of years out on knives (or at least was).

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
I'm always late to the party and I'm glad I was. When people started loving the Havalons, I wasn't convinced. Then Outdoor Edge comes out with the 3.5" replaceable and I'm pretty happy. I have a few custom Damascus and usually have a total of 3 knives in my pack.

I’ve been using the outdoor edge line of knifes with the replacement blades. I find them very sharp and swapping the blade once it’s dull is better than sharpening it or sending it out to be sharpened imo.