Your go to Broadheads!?

Im a big fan of a 3 blade just because it punches a hole that doesn't easily close up. Fixed blade all the way for me, even though many awesome bowhunters use mechanicals with success.

Your Iron Wills are probably pretty damn awesome. they make a great product. Have you tried shooting them at longer distances?

IMO steel furle is better than aluminum. look at Lusk Archery Adventures on YouTube, that guy is awesome.

This is a picture of a entry wound on my elk last fall. The exit wound looks exactly the same. The arrow went through the ELK and suck in a tree on the other side. Garden hose blood trail. Oh, and I was shooting 60lb bow. I am a true believer in a sharp and durable fixed blade.
Looks like the classic QAD triangle.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Vpa 3 solid.

Love how they fly and sharpen.
Don't enjoy the care they require to keep clean.

Just haven't found anything yet that would make it worth the change.

Been shooting Cutthroat single bevel on whitetail, but looking for something with a little wider cutting diameter for elk

There are so many good heads out there, at any price point…

I don’t really have a go to, I like iron will, Valkyrie, day 6, kudu, QAD, GK, reapers, etc

Matching a head to your specs and what you are hunting is the most important aspect, and there is really a lot of wiggle room there.

The chances of having a failure is pretty low (I have had 1 with a very reputable head) and the chances of one head changing the outcome vs another is pretty low too, don’t overthink it, it’s not as critical as many make it seem

I could shoot an exodus forever and be content, but I can’t, because there are too many other good heads to try.

If I had to pick one forever, it would be a German kinetic xl, it’s just a killer head that is quiet for a vented head (as long as your bow is tuned well) and plenty forgiving in flight at any range I’ll hunt, but there are a pile of great options and I always have a couple options in my quiver

Elkhntr08

WKR
Got 3 right now that all fly the same as field points out to 60 yards, all are 125. VPA Solids, Magnus Black Hornets and ViperTrick.

TheHammer

WKR
Iron will sb w/bleeders for me. Fantastic head! No flight issues out to 60yds. 92lb, 29.5”, 614gr, 16% foc. Won’t be changing this anytime soon.

Tick

WKR
For me Thunderhead 100s worked on a bull last year just as well as they did 26 yrs ago. Always have good flight to 60 which is my limit. Have not had a reason to change.

QAD Exodus and it isn't even close. The only crappy thing about them is that they are so low profile (I use the swept variety) that they can hide tuning issues, like a mechanical.

TheHammer

WKR
Am I reading this correctly? 92lbs? I'd love to hear more about that setup!
Semi custom bow build based off a 2013 elite hunter. Custom limbs(the place that did limbs for elite& warranty bow techs, I do not know the company name) and string by pinnacle. Built by Kyle at whale tales in dousman Wi.

cjay225

FNG
Been using 125 grim micro hades with 440gn arrow. Gonna switch things up this year with exodus 125 full.

What’s everyone’s go to broadhead for mule deer and elk? Also whats your affective range with them? How tight are you grouping?
Just got 125 grain Iron wills last year love them on my whitetail. Haven’t tried them past 40. I’m curious how they will group further down range.
Almost any fixed broad head from 100-125 grain will do the job…..what’s far more critical is your shot placement. Find the broad head that you like, and the one that shoots the best with the shaft you’re using and get comfortable shooting groups of 4”-5” consistently.

Forget the expanding broadheads or anything with a mechanism that can dial in the field. And then practice.
What’s everyone’s go to broadhead for mule deer and elk? Also whats your affective range with them? How tight are you grouping?
Just got 125 grain Iron wills last year love them on my whitetail. Haven’t tried them past 40. I’m curious how they will group further down range.
I have hunted for elk for over 25 years with good success, and have always used a fixed blade 100 grain muzzy. ( 3/16” cutting diameter) Out to 70 yards they group at 4”-5” ……….but only if you practice. And then practice some more. Don’t get hung up on the broad head……stay away from any expanding or mechanized tip that can fail in the field. And did I mention practice? It makes no difference what the weight/diameter/pattern of your cutting head is if you don’t hit your mark. Good luck!

Semi custom bow build based off a 2013 elite hunter. Custom limbs(the place that did limbs for elite& warranty bow techs, I do not know the company name) and string by pinnacle. Built by Kyle at whale tales in dousman Wi.
Barnsdale? They build a lot of limbs and have always had a good reputation