Zeiss Conquest HD vs Leupold BX5 Santiam vs Maven B1.2

cdowns

FNG
Looking for some info. All are in the approx. same price range. Just wondering about quality, durability, clarity, etc. Basically which is better. Looking at 10x42. Currently have an old set of Vortex Razor HD(Japanese made) 10x42. Wanting to upgrade, if either is technically an upgrade.
Thanks

Maven? Sorry, can't comment. No experience with one.
Leupold - IMHO - NEVER, EVER a bad decision. <- Over 6 decades of experience with too many of them to count. Have a 5HD on my Whelen. 1st rate scope - 5 stars.
Zeiss Conquests - have 2 V4's SFP. VERY much like their KISS features. Optical clarity? Excellent. And I'm real fussy about that. They track well, as expected. So does my Leupold. Tested.

I would vote Maven, then Leupold, then Zeiss in that order.

Zeiss at the bottom because I don’t like the color palette through the ones I’ve seen, and reports on their customer service are a mixed bag to say the least.

Leupold in the middle because the glass is solid, great customer service, but I think their eyecups are some of the worst in the industry, other than the ones on Swaro NL’s. If they fit your face then they’d be a good option, but try them first if you can, as it’s not uncommon to hear complaints of vignetting (black blur at the edges) with the Leupolds.

Maven first because they have fantastic color rendition (dare I say better than most other companies), great edge to edge clarity, solid REMOVABLE eyecups (killer for when you get them dirty/dusty and need to clean them up), and top tier customer service. Though I’ll say, I would buy a B6 over a B1.2. The B6 is as small as or smaller than lots of 42mm offerings from other companies, but a 10x50 B6 would be a low light powerhouse. I could see picking up a B1.2 if they were significantly smaller than the B6, but they’re not, so I wouldn’t even consider a B1.2 personally

Back