Zip off base layers

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For me, if I'm hunting......I'm sweating, even in cold temps.

It's also a comfort thing for me. I wear two layers up top every day of the year, just a comfort thing. Think dress shirt without a t-shirt on......just can't do that. It's the same for my hunting pants, I need a layer underneath them.

Huh, if I'm layered right my back sweats due to the pack but otherwise I don't get too sweated up unless its hot out. Esp. my legs if my pants are the right ones or vented. Also with the right pants I don't need that dual layer effect on my legs for comfort. Yes I also always wear an undershirt with a dress shirt but in turn don't have an issue wearing a single merino top hunting if that is all the temps call for. Anyways, for me the zip off base and puffy pants are handy and increase my comfort level.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Huh, if I'm layered right my back sweats due to the pack but otherwise I don't get too sweated up unless its hot out.

If I'm stationary, I get cold........even in warm temps, so I'm almost always on the move. And for archery elk hunting, I'm on the run a lot as well. There have been times when I stop that sweat is literally dripping off the front of my baseball cap brim and the hat is completely soaked. Same for my clothes. I've tried that without a base layer, and I can't stand that wet clamminess on my skin. But everyone has to do what's right for them.

tmwtrfwler

Lil-Rokslider
New to the site and digging up old threads just reading through.

I love my zip off pants (merino, kenai, and super downs). the only beef I have is on the merino's I sometimes feel the zipper digging in against my hips. Not all the time though. that gets annoying but a slight adjustment and i'm good to go. it would probably would be solved with a better belt or different DNA that gave me as a$$ to hold pants up with.