Ziplock bags for pullouts

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
After having issues with gallon ziplocks springing leaks, I have pretty much gone exclusively to smaller size roll top dry bags. We don't use pack covers, and our stuff is prone to get wet on packraft trips as well. I was finding much of our snacks and breakfast food getting waterlogged when a ziploc would get a wear hole or not be zipped up all the way. Picked up some 10L OR roll top dry bags and that has solved the problem. Totally waterproof, and reusable. It's easier to remember what is in which bag if you can buy different colors. We got a few each of blue and black on sale, so I wrote letters on the roll top closure and side of each bag for easy ID.

I still use some ziplocks, but mostly to organize stuff inside the dry bags. Bags inside bags inside bags is a common theme for me, but I hate dealing with wet gear or water logged food.

Marshmstr

Lil-Rokslider
After having issues with gallon ziplocks springing leaks, I have pretty much gone exclusively to smaller size roll top dry bags. We don't use pack covers, and our stuff is prone to get wet on packraft trips as well. I was finding much of our snacks and breakfast food getting waterlogged when a ziploc would get a wear hole or not be zipped up all the way. Picked up some 10L OR roll top dry bags and that has solved the problem. Totally waterproof, and reusable. It's easier to remember what is in which bag if you can buy different colors. We got a few each of blue and black on sale, so I wrote letters on the roll top closure and side of each bag for easy ID.

I still use some ziplocks, but mostly to organize stuff inside the dry bags. Bags inside bags inside bags is a common theme for me, but I hate dealing with wet gear or water logged food.

I do the same.