Zoleo Sat Communicator

codycleve

FNG
I didn’t see the hat promotion on black Ovis when I ordered but hopefully I get one! Also, is the plan easy to activate and the interface is pretty simple
To figure out once I set it up?
If you can text of your phone you can use the zoleo no problem. set up is no problem and changing your plan online takes a few minutes

Reactions: CAH

Teaspoon

FNG
Don't pass up the REI deal if you are in the market for one. ZOLEO is the real deal. Absolutely love mine.

dalth22

FNG
Has anyone used the Zoleo satellite communication devise? I see the reviews are pretty good on it but want to know how it compares to an inreach mini. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got the zoleo last fall for Hell’s Canyon hunt and have been nothing but satisfied. Got messages in and out with no problem from the bottom of the canyon. Haven’t had any issues with it since either. Cheaper than Inreach and a cheaper subscription price. Also the battery life is insane on the things.

HuntnPack

WKR
Just ordered the Zoleo. Couldn’t pass it up. Had some points to burn so good timing. Will also get the free year of Gaia Premium maps.

I’ve had the zoleo for a little while now and love it. Great seamless communication and the battery lasts forever.
the only thing I’m not a fan of is that your phone alerts you when you get too far away from the device and it loses connection.
you can put it on vibrate but just something to think about if you drop your pack for a stalk with your phone in your pocket.

Backyard

WKR
Question on setting up an account, I know, I could ask Zoleo;
It requires 2 SOS Contacts, what exactly is considered an SOS Contact? Is this the local LE or Emergency services in the area that you plan on being in? And if it is, does one change that number depending on where they plan to be next trip out?

idcuda

WKR
Question on setting up an account, I know, I could ask Zoleo;
It requires 2 SOS Contacts, what exactly is considered an SOS Contact? Is this the local LE or Emergency services in the area that you plan on being in? And if it is, does one change that number depending on where they plan to be next trip out?
No, just two people (personal friends, family, etc) you would want to be informed if you hit the SOS.

The local LE and emergency services will be pinged automatically when you hit the button.

codycleve

FNG
Zoleo added an update today that enables breadcrumbs and tracking today.. it's a la cart so if you don't need it you don't have to get it.. it's $6 a month.. so I will add it for months with big hunts and rafting trips then drop it..

Zoleo added an update today that enables breadcrumbs and tracking today.. it's a la cart so if you don't need it you don't have to get it.. it's $6 a month.. so I will add it for months with big hunts and rafting trips then drop it..
I saw this. I’d be curious to hear from anyone that uses the feature to see how it impacts battery life.

dtrkyman

WKR
Are there any minimums on the service? Or can you just pay the 4 bucks to keep the service and activate as needed? Not very often I would need it! Also seems you need to deactivate every month, there should be a way to keep it on the 4 dollar per month plan when not in use.

Last edited:
When you fist activate it, there is a $20 charge and a 3 month minimum of having it activated. You choose whichever plan you want. After the 3 months you can go down to the $4 a month (all that does is secure the same phone number and not require you to pay another $20 activation fee when you want to start using the service again). Then when you want to reactivate it, it's a month long minimum activation.

Hopefully I explained that correctly and it makes sense.

CAH

FNG
So can someone help me out? Do I have the option to text using normal texting on my phone with a Bluetooth connection to it? Or do all messages go thru the ZOLEO app?

maverick

Lil-Rokslider
All messages from you will go thru the Zoleo app. The app asks permission to your contact list. You will need to let people know your new Zoleo phone # so they know its you. They will text back to that #. Basically just like texting if you got a new phone #.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CAH

codycleve

FNG
So I was just disconnecting my phone and connecting it to my wife's phone as she is taking a girls weekend out of service.. I was walking her through it showing her the features when I noticed one I had not seen before... there is a find device button. You hit that and your zoleo starts beeping like crazy. Hope to not need it but if you drop it in the snow or set it on a rock or even not sure where you set it at camp it will be nice.. I'm sure you phone has to be connected but as stated above your phone chimes when you get to far away and disconnects. That is a feature that is a love hate feature.. ensures I don't walk away from it but also when I drop my pack with the zoleo in the lid it chimes as I sneak away