Post Thanks / Like

Texas whitetail recommendations

i was wondering if i could solicit some recommendations for a whitetail hunt in texas...specifically west texas/hill country. i am not looking for a 180"+ deer...just a nice respectable buck. what is more of a necessity is a nice lodge that my wife and kids could stay at while im out wandering the texas landscape. we have looked at the Ox Ranch and she really like the accommodations they offer along with some other activities that would keep them entertained for a few days.

i am trying to keep everything around $6k (ie; "non hunter" expenses + "hunter" fees) i am going to be in san antonio the week prior, so i am trying to keep my searching within a few hours of there if at all possible.

thank you in advance. scott

Post Thanks / Like
    pm incoming

Post Thanks / Like
    got it, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Put in for the Texas draw hunts, you won't get all the fancy accommodations but there are some good bucks on them.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike McKinney with West Texas Hunt org. He has access to a lot of different ranches.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can help you out I'm South of San Antonio about 90 miles nice lodge that your family would have to yourself while your there. Stock pond to fish in during the day plenty of references. We are a family ranch that sells a few hunts every year to offset feed cost. Thanks Tom 252-287-8867