OT2 vs Archers Advantage

GregB

WKR
I was looking at getting either the OT2 or Archers Advantage software and wanted to get opinions on the two. Does one have any benefits over the other?

big44a4

WKR
+1 AA. Has been spot on for me if you input the correct data. Sometimes 1-2 fps tapes off but could be because chrono variations in different lighting etc. I shoot out to 150 yards using the tape with my lightweight setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
Archers Advantage Online is what I use. I like the fact I can access it anywhere, even on my phone. Plus it’s always updated. It’s cheap for a yearly subscription. Like $12

matman

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for AA. Program works very well (just like the others have said) if you input all the data correctly. No issues and eliminates the guess work.

mtbshark

WKR
AA is great, however I find at least if you run a black gold adjustable sight that the sometimes I find ot2 makes better sight tapes. This is due to being able to put many different speeds on on page. Unlike AA where you only get +/- 2 different FPS tapes

Just my .02$
I mostly use AA

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I like the OT2 but its a pain in the ass to download every year. AA is easy and as stated above, you can access from multiple computers of even phones. OT2 is one device. Both have been accurate in the arrow building information and building sight tapes.

OP
G

GregB

WKR
I have fixed pins right now, so I was looking more for the arrow building aspect of the software.

bat-cave

WKR
I have used both and prefer OT2. I'm a Mac guy and have found the app to be very easy to use and if you have any questions, the owner Larry is quick to respond and very helpful. With his guidance, I have been able to build tapes quickly and easily. I can see the advantage of AA for viewing on a phone etc ... I just don't have a need to do so. I have records for each bow/arrow combo for all my family and target/ hunting setups ... very simple to use and experiment on ... I think both will do the job, so I beleive it's more of a UI choice ... My .02