Big belly ho ho ho

Tktmsa

FNG
Need some observations on who's waistbelt is accommodating the portly gentlemen. I'm carrying the extra weight a bit out frount and low.
Love to hear about good fits.

mcseal2

WKR
No complaints with the Kifaru or Exo I use. The Kifaru belt I like better for really heavy loads, the Exo I like better when using it as a daypack.

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider
Exo largest belt works well for big guys. Give them a call - despite a large stomach you may find that the belt will ride under a lot of that extra girth if you have it centered correctly on your illiac crest (hip bone). Seems like even the thinner guys have some stomach protruding above the belt when adjusted correctly - just check out some of the Youtube videos. Exo also makes a range of excellent packs to fit one frame and it moves very well in concert with your movements.

I had a hernia repaired about 9 years ago right beside my belly button. It healed back with a big lump scar. It is so big it can be seen bulging my tee shirt if you look hard enough. Even with that, i still buckle the belt right over top of my belly button. Its the largest circumference on my waist area due to my pelvic bones and that scar tissue. So what i am suggesting is to buckle the belt of your choice over your belly button above your low riding fat reserves. Which tends to be what guys that have a pot belly do.

Only suggestion I will offer besides that is depending on waist size, the pads on a KUIU don't wrap around the point of the hips as far if you are on the upper range of the belt size listed per size. They are fine packs too. Just a little shorter belt pads is all

JNDEER

WKR
How big are we talking (waist size)? I seem to remember some larger gents getting custom orders from Kifaru.

However, i do second the suggestion to avoid Kuiu backpacks. Even there new belts are not designed for guys with larger hip bones, frames or spare tires. I am right around a 37-38" waist and the Kuiu does not wrap around like Exo and Kifaru does.