Colorado OTC Bull opening weekend

OP
S
It amazes me and sickens me at the same time as to how quick some of our fellow hunters are to speculate and try to downgrade the accomplishments of fellow hunters. I have been hunting with Western Sky Outfitters for 5 years now. Over those 5 years, I have become great friends with Travis and Maggie Reed, who own and operate WSO. For those who are asking why the change in clothing....there was no change of clothes, those are two different people. I am wearing the KUIU Verde and my buddy Travis from WSO is wearing the T-Shirt and black pants. I took his picture and he took mine. This bull was taken in an OTC unit with archery equipment, every single game law was followed and all of the meat was off the mountain in 26 hours from the time I shot that bull and none of it was lost to spoilage. I don't know anything about the Huntin Fool or any kind of give away associated with me, WSO or the bull I shot. If Huntin Fool is using that photo, it is being used without my permission. I am just an average Joe hunter, who busted his butt and went the extra mile to go where others would be afraid of going. I have zero affiliations with any company.

Attachments

• travis bull resize.jpg
    travis bull resize.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 20180827_151146.jpg
    20180827_151146.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 188
OP
S
It was with Western Sky Outfitters from what i saw. I would say this wasnt an OTC tag either. I havent seen many bulls that big come from colorado OTC areas. It is a nice bull, but one would think this guy would at least post the story. The huntin fool is pimpin this pic all over social media promoting a hunt giveaway. If it is OTC, then i dont know how great of a hunt it would be. If its limited, may take years to even go on the free hunt.

You are wrong, it was an OTC Unit and I used an OTC tag. I have no affiliation with Huntin Fool, I am not a member of Huntin Fool and have not given permission to Huntin Fool to use my photo. Please post a link showing where they are using this information.

OP
S
What I want to know is how much did the meat sour while he hiked back to camp to change into camo for the photo op.

Western Sky Outfitters, LLC added a new... - Western Sky Outfitters, LLC | Facebook

You obviously didn't bother looking at the photos. What you are seeing is two different people. My great friend and outfitter, Travis, is wearing the brown shirt. I, the hunter, am wearing the Kuiu Verde. He took my picture and I took his, it is a genius concept we came up with.

Last edited:
OP
S
I've never changed from one light weight pants to another pair to hike. Have you?

I also don't attempt to deceive by omission.

Sure seems like that is exactly what you are trying to do. You are making accusations, simply because you failed to observe the obvious.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sean you should post your picture up on the rokslide elk photo contest it's a great picture. Big animals always seem to bring the worst out in people especially from the sideline nay sayers. Enjoy your experience and try and ignore the haters.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jd259

WKR
It amazes me and sickens me at the same time as to how quick some of our fellow hunters are to speculate and try to downgrade the accomplishments of fellow hunters. I have been hunting with Western Sky Outfitters for 5 years now. Over those 5 years, I have become great friends with Travis and Maggie Reed, who own and operate WSO. For those who are asking why the change in clothing....there was no change of clothes, those are two different people. I am wearing the KUIU Verde and my buddy Travis from WSO is wearing the T-Shirt and black pants. I took his picture and he took mine. This bull was taken in an OTC unit with archery equipment, every single game law was followed and all of the meat was off the mountain in 26 hours from the time I shot that bull and none of it was lost to spoilage. I don't know anything about the Huntin Fool or any kind of give away associated with me, WSO or the bull I shot. If Huntin Fool is using that photo, it is being used without my permission. I am just an average Joe hunter, who busted his butt and went the extra mile to go where others would be afraid of going. I have zero affiliations with any company.

Amen! Congrats to you on an awesome bull! I love it when the truth comes out and makes all the d-bags talking garbage about your success look stupid in the end.

bsnedeker

WKR

I agree, it's unfortunate that you felt the need to come on and defend yourself. From my reading of this thread, it does seem to be 90% of the guys are supportive, and you have 10% of folks that are negative for whatever reason (re: jealousy!).

Good job brother, and good luck in the future!

mproberts

WKR
Congrats!! Thanks for sharing it is awesome to see a fellow RSer drop a monster like that! Don't even worry about the haters they have no idea who you are and what you have put into it. I had the same thing happen a few years ago when I killed 2 nice bucks on the same sit, I got so much hate online and even reported to game and fish although the hunt was 100% legal and guys were just talking out of their asses. Congrats again and enjoy it man!

I think a few of these guys need to remember that this forum was set up to "share information with others in a positive, upbeat atmosphere."

sndmn11

WKR
I am curious if you guys knew that bull and it had been a culmination of 5 years hunting him, or if he turned up in the last year or so, or if he was a complete surprise?

Incredible bull Sean, congratulations all the way.

Please.....do not let this forum turn into 24 hour camp fire. Got a good thing going here.

KHNC

WKR
You are wrong, it was an OTC Unit and I used an OTC tag. I have no affiliation with Huntin Fool, I am not a member of Huntin Fool and have not given permission to Huntin Fool to use my photo. Please post a link showing where they are using this information.

If you read my reply above, i stated that i missed the OTC part of your post. Also, i said it was a great bull for OTC. I have seen the link posted by a member of the huntin fool team. It says " Huntin fool has teamed up with Mtn Ops to give away CO backcountry hunt with WSO" , I have not seen it on the actual huntin fool site. Read this on facebook and IG.

KHNC

WKR
Should be fine now. The post says tickets can be purchased from Mtn Ops for the hunt. Deadline is 09/16/2018. The hunt is for 2019. Mtn Ops is not using your pic. Just the employee of Huntin Fool.

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
Your attachment doesn't work. Feel free to email it to me at [email protected]. I have reviewed the Mountain Ops ad, which was in place before I even shot my bull. No where in their ad or on the video posted on the Mountain Ops website does it say who the outfitter is nor does it have a picture of my bull. I have contacted my friends at WSO and they have confirmed they are not involved with Mountain Ops or Huntin Fool. For something that is supposedly being blasted all over the social media websites, I sure can't seem to find it anywhere.

I am emailing you now. the pic is posted clearly to me. You dont even have to click on it. You should have it shortly.