Bugle Report

NW MT - crickets all last week save 1 bull that bugled on his own. Ended up downthermal from me on his own (lost track of him and was waiting for thermals to shift to work him) and that shut things down.

Hoping things pick up this week.

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
Scouting/hunting a draw unit in south central colorado over opening weekend and monday. Made a 15 mile loop over fri, sat and sunday. Had 2 bulls sparring opening morning got close but they went to bed bf I could close the distance. hunted from 9600-11k very little sign and not a single cow. Monday did a 5 mile loop in a completely different area No fresh sign or elk bumped. elevation was 9200-10,400. Not a single cow elk spotted. Feed was really good at the first location and mostly tree covered at the second. Not a single bugle heard. Suppose with the good summer rains the cows are higher or lower?

hobbes

WKR
No bugles this weekend besides a couple other hunters. I was in fresh sign so I expected at least some early morning bugles .

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
Decent bugling this last week in SW Colorado. Heard them in a hidden basin away from trails or pressure while sheep hunting.

trevvamos

Lil-Rokslider
Opening day in eastern OR was lights out bugle fest. An old timer around the fire said it was because we had a big lightning storm the morning of. Anybody have a take on this?

Chaser96

FNG
Heard one the night before muzzleloader opener but all quiet since in northern colorado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
I’ve been posted up for 3.5 days on a glassing spot for bear at 8900 feet. A little low but have a lot of high terrain around me and have heard bugles here before. I haven’t heard a peep, day or night.

Didn't hear any bugles in SW MT last week except one hunter. Slept outside last night and must have been a mile or two tops from at least a few elk, but didn't hear anything.

wyogoat

WKR
Had elk in the sage going crazy with rut activity, elk in the timber were quiet and only heard two bugles a day at anything over 8200 with those low bulls going nuts.
Had one 260s type bull come in quiet to cow calls and stuck around for a while.

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
Best bugling I've heard for the first week of archery in N CO. Heard bugling every day, morning and evening.

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
It was pretty quiet for us last week in SW Colorado. Any reports out of the Ruidoso area? I’m headed that way Thursday morning.

10ringer

WKR
Sept 2nd Northwest Colorado had a herd bull screaming his head off, pushing his cows to bed at 7 AM after that it was crickets the rest of the week. Right at dark sep. 8 when exiting a burn area had one lazy grunt from a mature bull as he was headed off to water. His temperature was far from ready to rutt. I saw a dozen + elk during the week and just as many deadheads . Looks like the winter loss was really rough in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullfan

WKR
East Centrail Idaho been quiet. Not a peep the last two day. Been very warm here also

Spent a week in SW CO from 7600-nearly 11k feet, no bugling, no sign. Saw plenty of every other species and sign of said species though.

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
It was pretty quiet for us last week in SW Colorado. Any reports out of the Ruidoso area? I’m headed that way Thursday morning.
Dang jealous. I bet they’re bugling down there. Great hunting!