Shout out to Rokslide

Flynlow

FNG
My two sons and I are going on our first elk hunt. We have spent hours and hours searching the net for what, when, where, how to hunt back country elk. We chose to hike in with everything in our packs into Colorado's GMU 47 for the OTC second rifle hunt. We are seeking an adventure and a good time and hope to weather the trials that I know we will have with a good attitude and that the memories we make will be something to be cherished. I have really enjoyed the time I have spent lurking on Rokslide and the helpfulness of the people I have reached out to on this site. The wit, humor and good advice on this site is really awesome and is appreciated and I hope has made us more prepared for this hunt than we would have been.
I want to say thanks to all you Roksliders and I hope to meet some of you out there.

God bless
Anthony

Guff

FNG
Have fun on your trip and good luck! I agree there is some great advice on here and thankful for guys being willing to share information.

Disco14

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck on your trip- sounds like an awesome adventure with your boys!

ElkNut1

WKR
Anthony, good luck to you & your Sons! Do lots of glassing & dive into the areas most won't venture & you will do well!

ElKNut/Paul

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck Anthony!

One piece of advice: Don't be afraid to change your plans and mix it up if your Plan A doesn't pan out. Flexibility has worked out for me more often than not in elk hunting.

OP
F

Flynlow

FNG
Thanks Guys for all the good wishes. I am so pumped about this trip my stomach is cutting flips.

Jmyers375

FNG
My two sons and I are going on our first elk hunt. We have spent hours and hours searching the net for what, when, where, how to hunt back country elk. We chose to hike in with everything in our packs into Colorado's GMU 47 for the OTC second rifle hunt. We are seeking an adventure and a good time and hope to weather the trials that I know we will have with a good attitude and that the memories we make will be something to be cherished. I have really enjoyed the time I have spent lurking on Rokslide and the helpfulness of the people I have reached out to on this site. The wit, humor and good advice on this site is really awesome and is appreciated and I hope has made us more prepared for this hunt than we would have been.
I want to say thanks to all you Roksliders and I hope to meet some of you out there.

God bless
Anthony

Hey Anthony winding how your hunt went. I am planning a mule deer/elk backpack as well second rifle 2020 in 47. Any areas to steer clear of? ....everything I am running into says hard to glass in there because it’s thick.