10/22 triggers

Hey guys, I am looking to upgrade my 10/22 trigger. I am trying to decide on which one will give me the lowest lb pull rate and also still be crisp. Seems like most guys like the KIDD or the Volquartzen, but I also saw the Timney. Looking for some real world experience. Thanks guys.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Are you open to sending your existing trigger group to a gunsmith for work rather than replacing it with a new drop in trigger? For $85 plus shipping you can send it to Brimstone Gunsmithing for a Tier 2 upgrade. My OEM group went from over 4 3/4 lbs to 2 1/4 lbs. They tune some of the original parts and replace others like the trigger shoe and installing an overtravel stop. The result is a crisp trigger with a great pull weight at an affordable price.

Last edited:
Ruger makes a drop in trigger (BTX I think). I have two of them and they’re pretty solid. Just hate paying them to make what they should have put in there in the first place.

I’ve seen them on sale for $55 but that was before 2020. Good luck.

Very happy with my volquartsen. Had it for a few years now with no issues. If I had a complaint it would be That the trigger was a gateway to some other mods. my 10/22 now wears a Magpul stock and volquartsen trigger and barrel. I could have bought the ful volquartsen rifle for the same $$$.

Beaverdog

FNG
Another vote for brimstone. I sent one in and had them work their magic, turned out excellent.

OP
H
Thanks guys, I shot a buddies with the Ruger Bx trigger in it, and wasn't really impressed with that either. The Brimstone option looks promising. Have any of you, that went the brimstone option, shot a volquartzen or KIDD trigger? While money does matter, I am really just wanting to get a BA trigger in this plinker and money would be secondary (within reason) vs. getting what I am looking for.

49ereric

WKR
I installed a target hammer a long long time ago before all the options were available today. Cut extra shims from brass stock and slowly honed the sear by hand to reduce trigger pull. Can’t say it is better than todays options.
butler creek bull barrel was installed before the trigger work so I did get comparison and the trigger work was definitely much better than stock with the bull barrel.