101 ways to ruin a tent

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
Some of these make you laugh and some make you cry. But all of them show me I need to camp more as I have not had any significant issues. Worste for me was a loose stake (ties to the line not looped) came loose and poked a hole on the bottom edge of the grass skirt. I now weight all stakes with rocks and loop the lines... I do not tie them to the stakes!

Had a friend set up his tent ALL SUMMER up the hill in backyard to hang out in. He was puzzled that all the uv exposure damaged the tent. It was tattered after 3 months of sun wind and rain exposure. He cried and badgered Cabelas so much they gave him his money back. He had bought a huge rv to hunt/camp out of so he wouldn't accept the replacement tent they begrudgingly offered. He quit hunting after I quit holding his hand

zacattack

WKR
What are the weirdest ways y’all have damaged your tent?

I rolled up a pine borer beetle in my Cimarron. That was a fun six holes to patch the next time I opened it up!
first time camping with the kids it rained all night last night we were there, was too tired to dry tent when we got home, never could get the mold smell out of it, thankfully something finally chewed a large hole into it and we could throw it away.

OP
Windigo

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
Had a friend set up his tent ALL SUMMER up the hill in backyard to hang out in. He was puzzled that all the uv exposure damaged the tent. It was tattered after 3 months of sun wind and rain exposure. He cried and badgered Cabelas so much they gave him his money back. He had bought a huge rv to hunt/camp out of so he wouldn't accept the replacement tent they begrudgingly offered. He quit hunting after I quit holding his hand
Ugh, we all know at least one guy like that...