106 TAP for hunting?

Jimbee

WKR
Anyone shoot animals with the Hornady 106 TAP bullet? It's BC is better than the 108eldm...?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There's some 2nds at Midway that led me to ask. I'm hoping that they're Hornady 106gr TAP. They're pretty cheap.
I picked some blems up to try too, they came with translucent white tips, not sure if that’s what TAP ammo looks like or if it’s a different bullet all together.

Juan_ID

WKR
I picked some blems up to try too, they came with translucent white tips, not sure if that’s what TAP ammo looks like or if it’s a different bullet all together.
Pretty sure the tap is red tipped like the eldm. I’ve bought eldm and tmk seconds from midway before and aside from some discoloration I haven’t been able to tell the difference. 🤷‍♂️ Never shot more than a rockchuck with eirher tho, and they all still went splat…

In theory these seem like an optimal bullet. Higher BC than the 108s, sleeker/lighter so should be able to be pushed faster. Doesn’t matter much if they are more finicky or woefully inconsistent. Hopefully a guy doesn’t need to sort them..

Juan_ID

WKR
I know the feeling, last time I bought 2nds I told myself it was the last time.
Did you have to sort them? If so based on what? Maybe I’m just lazy but I never sorted them and they all shot just fine. Granted they weren’t used for matches or big game