12 Day Pack Weight

Hey everyone!

Below is a link to my pack list for a 12 day high country September rifle hunt. Let me know what ya think, if I’m missing anything or what I can leave at the truck. Appreciate the feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Dalbec0331
More underwear and socks
butt wipe
maybe a stick of crotch cream/ anti perspiration
more food, 2 days

Ima use the dude wipes for that. I am going back and fourth on how many pairs of socks and underwear to take tho

In serious grizz country? Only reason I ask is because of the bear spray on a rifle hunt

OP
Dalbec0331
In serious grizz country? Only reason I ask is because of the bear spray on a rifle hunt

Not Grizz country, it’s just been on my setup for awhile and I never took it off

How many miles from vic? If not too far out of the way or if you can park Vic where you can do a loop - you can keep fresh clothes there, grab food, and toss/grab gear you miscalculated on.

1 lbs for water - assume that’s your filter kit !? Because one 32 oz Nalgene weighs about 2.5 lbs

OP
Dalbec0331
How many miles from vic? If not too far out of the way or if you can park Vic where you can do a loop - you can keep fresh clothes there, grab food, and toss/grab gear you miscalculated on.

1 lbs for water - assume that’s your filter kit !? Because one 32 oz Nalgene weighs about 2.5 lbs

I like the loop idea! And yeah that’s just the kit with no water weight taken into account

Even tho that chart shows XX weight - always scale it up because there’s always hidden weight.

Even tho XX weight is doable, after a few days of lugging it around - and mentally knowing that items won’t be used (or as missing) will weigh on the mind.

I just did a Sangre de Christo mtn range 4 day hike/scout with 45 lbs pack (up and down between 10-13k) and I didn’t like that I brought a tad too much food and a spotter that I pulled from the pack only once.

OP
Dalbec0331
I'm assuming you are just going to use a tarp for shelter??

Randy

I should have pointed it out in my original post but I’m going with a buddy who has a tipi we are going to use. Tarp will be for impromptu shelter if needed

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of the clothing seems overkill but not knowing where (general region) the hunt is…