143gr ELD-X Unreliable?

enbhunts

FNG
We field dressed the deer; Heart and liver were not damaged at all and the lungs showed minimal damage. Small entry and exit wounds through the deer. I do wish I had taken pictures and spent more time piecing the story together. Lesson learned there.
IMG-20231124-WA0024.jpg
Here's some of the carnage on my wife's recent buck with the 143 eldx

ElPollo

WKR
We field dressed the deer; Heart and liver were not damaged at all and the lungs showed minimal damage. Small entry and exit wounds through the deer. I do wish I had taken pictures and spent more time piecing the story together. Lesson learned there.
Yeah, that is not the result I would expect from three ELDX or ELDM in a row, particularly at close range. Three in a row would make me wonder if you got a bad batch. I would want to throw some more out of that box at some Knox gelatin to test them.

Archer86

WKR
Between my kids and my self we killed 8 animals last year all with 143 eldx out of a 6.5 creedmoor except 1 animal was shot with a 147eldm not a single animal went more then 10ft and all took 1 shot ranged from 60 yards to 450 started using them probably 5 years ago and have never had a issue. They have proven reliable to me.

Matt5266

WKR
I've shot 2 antelope and 2 mule deer bucks with 143X out of a 6.5 creed. Shots were all between 100 - 300 yards. I had no issues.

Chainshaw

FNG
143g out of a 6.5cm is about all my guide friend uses on the bison that he takes people hunting for. If the hunter wants to use his rifles, that is what they get.

Weldor

WKR
Interesting! My 6mm creedmoor with the ELD X is a meat destroyer for sure. Don't have ant pic's, but my hunting buddy hit a Texas buck at 230 yards plus or minus. The hit was high spine just forward of the shoulder. The bullet was in pieces along the spinal colunm, even found the red tip. Dispatched with pistol shot. I was suprised the bullet didn't shatter the vertebrae, just took a big chunk out of it. He' since used same 308 load and dispatched plenty of critters without incident.