$144 sale for Burris Fullfield II still on at Cameraland

I know all the "cool kids" here will look down on this scope as too pedestrian for their needs, but I just ordered my second one of these and I may buy a third just to keep in reserve.

Over the years, I've found few scopes under $300 that can reliably perform as well as these Burris Fullfied II's. I guess there's a reason that Burris has been producing this model for decades now. I've never had one lose zero. They are rather light compared to other scopes in their class. The ballistic reticle is very practical (works out well with nearly every hunting load I have). The image quality is very good. These are just durable every day, every man scopes that get the job done.

The best 400 yard group I've ever shot in my life (target is still hanging on my garage wall) was shot with my Tikka 7mm-08 topped with a Burris Fullfied II. I held dead on with the 2nd mark and put three rounds into 1.75" at 400 yards, off my pack at a public range in Colorado. As long as that scope was on my Tikka, I never had to adjust zero once. And I drug that thing all over the mountains for years.

These days, with the price of even the basic Leupolds going over $300, you can get two of these Burris scopes for one "Freedom" series Leupold that isn't any better.

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention this to anyone who is looking for a good, basic scope. It won't be long before we all look back and say "were those really on sale for just $144 each? I should have bought five of them!" Trust me. It's going to happen.

Firehawk

WKR
My Burris Fullfields and my Signature Select have been bullet proof. The BP reticle works (and any hash mark type of scope) great, as long as you dial the right magnification. Don't ask me how I know :cry:;) :ROFLMAO: .

These are good scopes that don't get a lot of love, but I would bet the vast majority of hunters will never need any more than what these scope provide.

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
My Burris Fullfields and my Signature Select have been bullet proof. The BP reticle works (and any hash mark type of scope) great, as long as you dial the right magnification. Don't ask me how I know :cry:;) :ROFLMAO: .

These are good scopes that don't get a lot of love, but I would bet the vast majority of hunters will never need any more than what these scope provide.
agreed. We often convince ourselves we "need" a lot more than we really do.

Finn16

WKR
It's been a looooong time since I owned a Fullfield. I remember I had an issue with either the eye relief being short or an eyebox issue. I sold the scope and said I wouldn't buy another. I realize products change through time and am wondering if you guys experience any of these issues with the new Fullfields?

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
It's been a looooong time since I owned a Fullfield. I remember I had an issue with either the eye relief being short or an eyebox issue. I sold the scope and said I wouldn't buy another. I realize products change through time and am wondering if you guys experience any of these issues with the new Fullfields?
It's not quite the Leupold eye box but it's not bad. Plenty good up to about 7x and then it shrinks a bit to 9x. But I owned the SWFA Ultralight for a short time and the Fullfield II blows it away in terms of eyebox and eye relief and frankly, just plain image quality. The 3 oz. penalty is worth it to me. Eye relief is plenty good for me on my 7mm-08 and .284 Win. rifles. I have one on each.

Kinda like my Conquest HD 8x32's binoculars, once I found the Fullfield II scopes, I kinda quit looking at scopes. I mean, I could afford a $500-600 scope, but I just don't see the reason for it with what I do.

The main thing I like about these Fullfield II's, aside from good quality optics and one of the most useful ballistic reticles I've ever seen, is the durability. They have a reputation for taking a beating and that's probably why they have been around so long.

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider
I think the older US made Burris scopes with Posi Lock were the toughest hunting scopes ever made. I liked the posi lock feature. Shame that it never really caught on. Burris has always been a great company.

I wonder, Steiner has or had a scope with a similar posi lock…and they are both in the same town I believe …

Pn8hall

WKR
Put one of these Burris scopes on my T/C Omega 50 cal muzzleloader this year and so far I am really happy with it. The BDC reticle is money for me out to 200 yards. Time will tell but so far I have zero complaints.

Finn16

WKR
I'm looking to scope a bolt action .223 to be used for coyotes and prairie dogs. I read the reticles are a bit wide on the FF II for varmint hunting. Do you guys agree with that?

fishslap

WKR
I’ve killed a pile of critters with one of these topped on a hard kicking browning abolt 300 wm and never felt under scoped. I’ve recommended them on here before but they seem to get passed over.

fishslap

WKR
I have older and newer models and haven’t noticed a difference. Killed a bull with my 260 rem topped with the newer fulfield ii in an awkward shooting position and had no issues getting lined up. The eye box on my zeiss conquest hd5 sucks compared to the burris. I am trying a leupold vx- 5hd on my new tikka so I’m not just a Burris guy.

Motown

WKR
Yup, they're on sale in several places which makes me wonder if they're being discontinued.
According to Doug they are indeed being discontinued which is quite sad. I ordered two from Doug before they sold out and then found out they are being discontinued. Did a little more searching and found them at Gritr Sports (Link Below) for $125.00 + shipping. Wasn't familiar with Gritr but checked their reviews which seem legit and within 2 days they shipped my order and they are on their way now.

For under $300 the Burris FF2 is probably the best scope money can buy. I have no current use for 4 out of the 5 scopes I ordered but at that price I couldn't pass it up and they will be used eventually.