$144 sale for Burris Fullfield II still on at Cameraland

BCD

WKR
According to Doug they are indeed being discontinued which is quite sad. I ordered two from Doug before they sold out and then found out they are being discontinued. Did a little more searching and found them at Gritr Sports (Link Below) for $125.00 + shipping. Wasn't familiar with Gritr but checked their reviews which seem legit and within 2 days they shipped my order and they are on their way now.

For under $300 the Burris FF2 is probably the best scope money can buy. I have no current use for 4 out of the 5 scopes I ordered but at that price I couldn't pass it up and they will be used eventually.
Good info. I will likely pick one up for a 30-06. Has anyone else used one for this caliber that can comment on where the subtentions fall? I wonder why they are discontinuing them.

Motown

WKR
Good info. I will likely pick one up for a 30-06. Has anyone else used one for this caliber that can comment on where the subtentions fall? I wonder why they are discontinuing them.
If you scroll to the middle if this thread Txx has the subtensions listed. I would guess with a 150 grain bullet they would be pretty close to dead on with a 200 yard zero. With a 165 grain bullet it’ll probably be within 2-3”.

BCD

WKR
If you scroll to the middle if this thread Txx has the subtensions listed. I would guess with a 150 grain bullet they would be pretty close to dead on with a 200 yard zero. With a 165 grain bullet it’ll probably be within 2-3”.
I'm thinking 180 grain bullets...

Motown

WKR
With a 180 grain its gonna be pretty far off especially the further you shoot. You’ll probably be around 2600-2700 fps and at 500 yards I would guess thats around a 55”ish drop.

OP
Newtosavage
According to Doug they are indeed being discontinued which is quite sad. I ordered two from Doug before they sold out and then found out they are being discontinued. Did a little more searching and found them at Gritr Sports (Link Below) for $125.00 + shipping. Wasn't familiar with Gritr but checked their reviews which seem legit and within 2 days they shipped my order and they are on their way now.

For under $300 the Burris FF2 is probably the best scope money can buy. I have no current use for 4 out of the 5 scopes I ordered but at that price I couldn't pass it up and they will be used eventually.
Good call. Like I said, we'll probably all be wishing we'd bought 4 of them when the entry level Leupolds are $500.

OP
Newtosavage
With a 180 grain its gonna be pretty far off especially the further you shoot. You’ll probably be around 2600-2700 fps and at 500 yards I would guess thats around a 55”ish drop.
Depends on the elevation and environmental conditions too. My drops at 400' aren't anything close to my drops at 8500 feet (where I normally hunt).

OP
Newtosavage

$125 for this scope is just stupid cheap.

Motown

WKR
Good call. Like I said, we'll probably all be wishing we'd bought 4 of them when the entry level Leupolds are $500.
$125 for this scope is just stupid cheap.
Thats exactly why I did it. Looking back there are plenty of scopes that have been discontinued over the years that I wish I would of bought a few and stashed away. I like a basic 3-9 scope for a majority of the hunting I do and this scope just fits what I like all around nicely.

OP
Newtosavage
Thats exactly why I did it. Looking back there are plenty of scopes that have been discontinued over the years that I wish I would of bought a few and stashed away. I like a basic 3-9 scope for a majority of the hunting I do and this scope just fits what I like all around nicely.
I wish I'd bought several Leupold VX-2 2-7 and 3-9's back when they were $200.

I've bought a ton of scopes under $400 and eventually came back to the FFII for it's durability and common-sense ballistic reticle. Plus it doesn't weigh a ton. I'm sure whatever scope they replace it with will weigh at least 15 oz.

Fatcamp

WKR

Let us know when you get it.

BCD

WKR
Sounds like this would be a poor choice for a 30-06 with 180 grain bullets. Does anyone know of anything similar that would line up better with that setup?

Thank You!

Motown

WKR
I bought one of these Fullfield scopes a few months ago with the E3 reticle in SFP, and while it seems like alot of scope for the money and has a "no questions asked" forever warranty, be advised that the E3 reticle is both small and thin. Its floating out in the center of the reticle like a FFP would be on minimum power. In low light, in timber, or even aiming at something dark like a black bear or moose in the middle of the day, I think it might be hard to see and could be problematic.... Great for punching paper though at the range

I have not looked at the BDC reticle.....maybe it is thicker, darker, and covers more of the view? If someone here wants to post up some pics of their BDC that would be cool
Here is a pic of the ballistic plex reticle. The E1 has a floating reticle as you mentioned and the Fullfield ll has a full plex reticle with the hash marks. The ballistic plex reticle is a lot easier to see in low light or dark timber than the E1.

Attachments

• 696DC3D4-4689-463A-8C1F-46CC55DFC902.png
    696DC3D4-4689-463A-8C1F-46CC55DFC902.png
    49 KB · Views: 38

TxxAgg

WKR
Sounds like this would be a poor choice for a 30-06 with 180 grain bullets. Does anyone know of anything similar that would line up better with that setup?

Thank You!
Zeroed at 200 yds, you'd get pretty close to 250, 350, and 450 for the remaining hashmarks.

FredBear86

Lil-Rokslider
Here is a pic of the ballistic plex reticle. The E1 has a floating reticle as you mentioned and the Fullfield ll has a full plex reticle with the hash marks. The ballistic plex reticle is a lot easier to see in low light or dark timber than the E1.
Could you post a pic of the whole scope. Wanna make sure it's the current model like I want before I purchase. Thanks

Motown

WKR
Could you post a pic of the whole scope. Wanna make sure it's the current model like I want before I purchase. Thanks
Here ya go fresh out of the bubble wrap.

Attachments

• D77F8DFF-3907-48BD-B39F-4FF807F0F040.jpeg
    D77F8DFF-3907-48BD-B39F-4FF807F0F040.jpeg
    326.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 4BE9E4EB-908D-49DD-BB5B-DC4CE9DE73E4.jpeg
    4BE9E4EB-908D-49DD-BB5B-DC4CE9DE73E4.jpeg
    360.8 KB · Views: 45

Agross

WKR
Damnit, this site continues to cost me money. Never had one, but for that price I’ll check one out. see how it works on a 243. I ordered it from gritrsports as well, thanks for the heads up Motown.