1P trekking pole tent - Gossamer Gear The One

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for a lightweight 1P tent for summer and early fall. I already have a late season shelter. I would like a trekking pole set up and floor. For the price, Gossamer gear's "the one" seems to fit what I am looking for. They only downfall I can see is its a single wall tent. Does anyone have experience with this tent or have any other suggestions that are around this price point? $300
Thanks!

Mcnasty

FNG
FYSA

OP
GuyinIdaho

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
Those options look similar. The gossamer gear is a 2 pole set up which should increase headroom.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have used The One extensively. It is super spacious for a 1-man, sets up easy, and has been solid from a performance/durability perspective. If you understand the pros/cons of this style of shelter category, you should be really happy with The One as a top pick in the category.

OP
GuyinIdaho

GuyinIdaho

Lil-Rokslider
I have used The One extensively. It is super spacious for a 1-man, sets up easy, and has been solid from a performance/durability perspective. If you understand the pros/cons of this style of shelter category, you should be really happy with The One as a top pick in the category
Thanks Mark, first heard of this shelter through the podcast. Seems like a solid choice

Mcnasty

FNG
@maxwellh86 is that a Deschutes in the background? If so curious on your thoughts/comparison of it vs the one, use of space, condensation, wind resistance etc. I have used the Deschutes a few times and overall foot print is good but the head room is pretty tight for me to love it. I am sure others would appreciate first hand comparison of the 2 as well.

@maxwellh86 is that a Deschutes in the background? If so curious on your thoughts/comparison of it vs the one, use of space, condensation, wind resistance etc. I have used the Deschutes a few times and overall foot print is good but the head room is pretty tight for me to love it. I am sure others would appreciate first hand comparison of the 2 as well.
That’s my buddies z-packs solo, dyneema. Pain in the ass to setup right, way less space inside and worse condensation. He said he wished he had saved the $300 and gotten the gossamer gear. IMO, it’s a great balance of weight, space, ease of use and durability. Do NOT know how it would handle the nastiest of weather yet though.