2-7x leupold vs...

Aroostook

FNG
Looking for feedback on the 2-7x budget scope battle. Rifle to be fitted is a model seven (308. 20"barrel)

I thought I knew the answer for the price/quality, lightest, 2-7x on the market; Leupold freedom line. Well, the more I research the less confident I am. I am currently at odds with these scopes as competitors:

Weaver classic V 2.5-7x32
Burris Fullfield ll 2-7x35
Red field Revolution 2-7x33
Sightmark Core Hx 2-7x32

The Sightmark has me perhaps the most surprised and curious with its price and eye relief. Looking for actual first hand knowledge, what are your thoughts?

Thanks to all the expert advice in advance!

SteveCNJ

WKR
I have a Leupold 2-7×32 on my Savage bolt slog gun. I shot a buck at 100 yds with it. The glass is ok but I wouldn't rave about it. I wouldn't use it if I needed to shoot past 150 yards or so. With optics you get what you pay for.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Any of the scopes listed can be worthwhile and fill the void you need. It is hard to get the clarity one seeks when going down in objective size. I have a few of these lesser magnification and objective scopes on various rifles and after shooting a scope with larger objective and magnification, it is sometimes tough to adjust. Of those listed I would have to say that the Leupold should be a better bang for the buck. However, I do like the Burris but feel that the eye relief makes it more for the scout type set-up. I will add one more to consider especially with the Model 7 .308 set up. It is the vortex crossfire 2-7 x32 with the BDC reticle. I only suggest this because I find the model 7 balances a little better with a bit heavier but shorter scope mounted just above the action. The added weight there allows me to handle the .308 better. Just my take on things.

OP
Aroostook

Aroostook

FNG
Any of the scopes listed can be worthwhile and fill the void you need. It is hard to get the clarity one seeks when going down in objective size. I have a few of these lesser magnification and objective scopes on various rifles and after shooting a scope with larger objective and magnification, it is sometimes tough to adjust. Of those listed I would have to say that the Leupold should be a better bang for the buck. However, I do like the Burris but feel that the eye relief makes it more for the scout type set-up. I will add one more to consider especially with the Model 7 .308 set up. It is the vortex crossfire 2-7 x32 with the BDC reticle. I only suggest this because I find the model 7 balances a little better with a bit heavier but shorter scope mounted just above the action. The added weight there allows me to handle the .308 better. Just my take on things.
Yes, it seems I have yet asked another question with no answer. I truly just like hearing all the little lessons from from all you guys who have more experience. I am hesitant about the crossfire but perhaps I should not be. Thanks all for your input!

-aroostook