2014 Oregon Roosevelt

OP
MJ from Oregon

MJ from Oregon

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Everyone!

He came out of the Powers Unit with my Western Oregon Raffle Elk Tag. He is just what I was looking for. Big Blocky Headed, Dark Antlered True Roosevelt. my friend Jody Cyr called me a couple weeks ago telling me that this bull was spotted on some property we could access. The day prior to the opening Jody's wife Sara texted me and told me he was back on the property. I drove to meet Sara and her Father Jake opening morning and started looking for this bull. After a little hike Sara found the bull in a Clear Cut or Unit with 7 cows. I took a frontal glance of him and noticed both sides of his G1 G2 and G3's and thought Holy Shit!!! Rosey don't usually have 18'' thirds. I also thought he was crowned out with splits on each side, which I later found out those were his main beams. Oh well I get a tad bit excited at times...Then I was reaching for my shooting sticks. I got the sticks (stoney point) connected to 7WSM that Shawn Carlock from Defensive Edge built and ranged him. At this time he was broadside at 194 yards and moving at a steady pace. I had about 5 seconds to make a decision and I was so afraid of making the wrong one. His left side was the view I had. I noticed long tines that appeared everywhere good length on the mains and great mass......BOOM He stopped and I let another one go...BOOM....It was over.

One of my biggest wants in hunting was to harvest a 300'' gross Roosevelt. I can now take that off my list.

I could not have done this without the help of my good friends Sara and Jody Cyr and Sara's Father Jake!

Thanks Guys

Sara's killed more bucks than most of us and Jake has a hellofa sheep in his trophy room....Jody, he's killed a decent blacktail, I'll give him that. Great family!