2016 MO Ozarks Rok Rally / Turkey Hunt

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Season dates are Apr. 18 to May 08. Weekends are Apr. 23/24, Apr. 30/May 1 and May 7/8. We've not done well later in the season. I'm leaning strongly toward the earlier side.

Last edited:
OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I figured. Can always count on the River Rat! I'm with ya on those dates. I can do a 3-day again.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Might want to do a little scouting first this time. If you want to hit the woods and look for sign let me know. Where are you thinking this year?

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was geared up to go this last year until you moved it 2 hours farther the night before I was supposed to show because you couldn't find turkey. I know a place half an hour south of Rolla that has yet to disappoint. If you want to go down closer your way that's fine too. River rat has some nice areas up his way but I can't personally vouch for turkey as I've never hunted them there.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, that was for sure a bust. We found a couple, but they were not worth the ground we covered to get there! I still can't believe we weren't in 'em. They were either just not talking in that locality or for some unknown reason or that spot just happened to be devoid of birds. We were between two creeks and less than a 1/4 mile from some huge fields on private...

What needs to happen first is to pull the trigger on who is planning. That person can come up with a few options for us to choose from.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess frankly it makes more sense to go closer to the majority of people. I am just one, not sure about river rat, you generally have a few from your direction so I guess wait and see who's up for it.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
MOcluck's up in Warsaw and we usually have a few more from Buffalo/Springfield area.

I've always seen them floating the North Fork. I might join y'all if the dates/location work, assuming you'd have me.

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Just a heads up... I may have to forego this shindig if I decide to compete in the Conway, AR (just north of Little Rock) Train to Hunt events. Anyone else interested in that on May 21-22?