2019 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

MTSabo

WKR
Looking forward to doing this again this year. Looks like some great gear in the drawing

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Cash and I getting ready for CBC. We have our first 3D this Saturday so we sighted his bow to 30 yards. He’s only been shooting 20 all winter.
87ec0c26cfcd31d9a0c9ef43427fda17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
I’m excited with the addition of entries for shooting broad heads this year, did it a couple times after the contest last year and it really helped me focus on my shot compared to shooting multiple arrows a day.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m excited with the addition of entries for shooting broad heads this year, did it a couple times after the contest last year and it really helped me focus on my shot compared to shooting multiple arrows a day.

Sure thing. We should have always encouraged broadheads. We fine tune this thing a little more each year. See you there.

Fatcamp

WKR
Ya, broadheads for me this year.

Thinking of having my strings changed before we start. 😨

I'm excited for this too. To qualify you have to hit all 5 arrows in your designated kill zone correct? Seems obvious but I dont think I saw it stated anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm excited for this too. To qualify you have to hit all 5 arrows in your designated kill zone correct? Seems obvious but I dont think I saw it stated anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Good question, no you don’t have to hit your Kill zone. This is just an exercise to give people feedback on their true maximum effective range. If you go back to my thread last year, you’ll see I missed vitals on day two or three. Had that been a member, it wouldn’t disqualify him.

This is not about who is the best shot, it’s about motivating people to get out earlier, test their personal limits, and be a more ethical hunter.

You could shoot all five arrows in the dirt, and you still might win.

Just be smart about picking your maximum effective range. I’ve been working on mine The last few weeks trying to set to decide whether to shoot 55 or 60.

Last edited:

TravisIN

WKR
I may have missed this. But can you change your maximum effective range each day? For instance I shot today and the absolute max was 40 and that was pushing it with the wind. But on a better day my max more. Just wasn’t sure how that worked

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I may have missed this. But can you change your maximum effective range each day? For instance I shot today and the absolute max was 40 and that was pushing it with the wind. But on a better day my max more. Just wasn’t sure how that worked

To keep it simple, we’re asking people to pick a yardage and stick with it. That’s why you don’t have to shoot five days in a row so you can pass on shots you wouldn’t take in the field and shoot another time.

As Aron Snyder says, it takes skill to know when to let down, too.

TravisIN

WKR
To keep it simple, we’re asking people to pick a yardage and stick with it. That’s why you don’t have to shoot five days in a row so you can pass on shots you wouldn’t take in the field and shoot another time.

As Aron Snyder says, it takes skill to know when to let down, too.

Sounds good!