2019 First Lite

Rodéo

WKR
Anybody want to be a pal and post a picture of their brooks jacket packed down next to a water bottle/nalgene/soda can for reference?
I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on this jacket but want to see how small it packs down.

Thanks

d_rek

Lil-Rokslider
Update on the Guide Lites..

Supposed to be in stock late July / early August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up passing on the guide lite gloves after speaking with FL cust. service. They mentioned the fingers were running baggy/loose, and I have long + skinny digits, though I did see they are now making a touch version of their liner gloves so I picked those up instead. Should be nicer than my DIY black ovis brand liner gloves.

Going to stick with my sitka ESW gloves for now.

ChrisAU

WKR
Anybody want to be a pal and post a picture of their brooks jacket packed down next to a water bottle/nalgene/soda can for reference?
I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on this jacket but want to see how small it packs down.

Thanks

If I can remember I'll try to tonight.

Just got my guide pants and soft shell jacket back from the seamstress. Had hip vents with mesh and arm pit vents put in!
86ffd180a6d0672081e62a63c2825279.jpg
18f82231616cc230bf4d5f3660418908.jpg
331792f184f1044175748a917abd8541.jpg
aa2263122787268c30969cff2d18ccce.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It only makes sense to add the pot and hip vents. Won’t buy skiing pants and jackets without them.

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
I'm taking my jacket back to the seamstress. I originally wanted more of a waterproof zipper but the zipper is pretty stiff In my arm pit. I'm going to have them take that out and put a normal more flexible zipper in as well as extend it up my arm another 2 inches for ease or grabbing the zipper. Other than that I love my pants with the vent and the jacket will be awesome when completed

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR

Thanks

Here is mine in a 3L dry sack next to a 32oz Nalgene. It took up just less than half the dry sack, and it could be cinched a bit more in a compression sack. This is a Large btw, on my scale the jacket by itself is 12.5 oz.

TWxnkIj.jpg

Rodéo

WKR
Looking at the pic I just thought of something, I probably could have just stuffed it in the Nalgene :ROFLMAO:
Haha! Appreciate it! So the brooks doesn't have a built in stuff sack pocket like the uncompahgre I'm guessing?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
They are the only pants I have used that made it through a while season without ripping or poking a stick through.

Kotaman

WKR
Can anyone comment on the Brooks warmth vs KUIU Super Down Ultra and/or Pro? Looks to be right between them on weight.

I currently have all three (and a bunch of others). You assessment is correct on weight/warmth. I like the outer fabric on the Brooks lot better than the Ultra.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have all three in Large

Brooks 30D face, 3.5oz of down and 11oz on my scale

SDUltra 12D face 2.3oz of down and 8oz

SD Pro 30D face 5oz of down and 14oz

The Brooks face fabric feels like its more durable and windproof than either of the Kuiu Jackets.
The SD Pro is warmer. But it also has 1.5 oz more down and it's versatile with the pit zips. But it feels much bulkier when it's on and not meant to be layered over. The brooks will get the nod for most of my hunts this year. Unless I know it will be super wet.

Last edited:
The Corrugate Guide pants performed flawlessly for me elk hunting in Colorado last season. I also wear those and the Obsidians for just bumming around and especially for travel. So comfortable and functional.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good news! I might give them a try! Totally agree on the obsidian fit! If they will change back to kanab 2.0 I may sell a kidney and buy a dozen pairs!

I just got my new pair of obsidians yesterday in the mail. In my opinion the fit is definitely more athletic than before. The only difference in my previous pair is they are a tall size and the new pair are not a tall. But they seem much less baggy in the legs.

colersu22

WKR
I just got my new pair of obsidians yesterday in the mail. In my opinion the fit is definitely more athletic than before. The only difference in my previous pair is they are a tall size and the new pair are not a tall. But they seem much less baggy in the legs.

I emailed first lite asking about a cut change and they confirmed it, said some of the new ones are available now but when I asked about large in fusion they said not yet and it will be later in the year but wouldn’t give me a date so I’m going to wait to order another pair since the obsidians are way to baggy and I preferred the cut of the kanab 2.0

d_rek

Lil-Rokslider
cant wait to get my hands on solitude bibs!

I went back and forth with ordering a set. Ultimately my catalyst set with layering and puffy took me until I needed sanctuary set, so I held off. Still if reviews are favorable I might spring for a used or on sale set after the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro