2020 Hunting Plans (For Out of Staters)?

I live in Michigan, going back to work June 1st. Burnt all my vacation time when the state shut down back in March. Lucky for me, my employer lets me take time off without pay.
So if all goes as planned, I will be hunting elk OTC archery in Colorado early September. This will be our first ever out of state hunt. I have been training and buying new gear since January. Worst case I will be going solo...

I live in Michigan, going back to work June 1st. Burnt all my vacation time when the state shut down back in March. Lucky for me, my employer lets me take time off without pay.
So if all goes as planned, I will be hunting elk OTC archery in Colorado early September. This will be our first ever out of state hunt. I have been training and buying new gear since January. Worst case I will be going solo...

Where at in Michigan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'd say so, where do you deer hunt?

My property in Davison. I put food plots in every year and have had good luck filling the freezer. For years though, I hunted in Lapeer on state land.
Looking forward to elk hunting in Colorado this year. I turned 49 this year and thought it’s now or never... lol

Heading to Montana and hunting private property. I have already had Coronavirus and recovered, so hopefully they will let me come since I wont be a risk to them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
My property in Davison. I put food plots in every year and have had good luck filling the freezer. For years though, I hunted in Lapeer on state land.
Looking forward to elk hunting in Colorado this year. I turned 49 this year and thought it’s now or never... lol
I mainly hunt the state land out in Marion Springs, do alright bring home 3 to 5 deer myself,not counting on the ole lady to get atleast one. Next year will be first elk trip, meeting up with a old army buddy in his former neck of the woods in Colorado. Good luck to you.

Billinsd

WKR
I'll be headed east from San Diego to hunt early season rifle rut elk hunt in the Wasatch in September. I'll probably hunt Mearns Quail in December and January and quail chukar in Mojave in October. Bill

I mainly hunt the state land out in Marion Springs, do alright bring home 3 to 5 deer myself,not counting on the ole lady to get atleast one. Next year will be first elk trip, meeting up with a old army buddy in his former neck of the woods in Colorado. Good luck to you.

Good luck to you as well, both deer hunting Michigan and elk hunting Colorado.

pcf

FNG
Archery elk in CO and WY pronghorn. If everything goes as planned.

Will be in Colorado at some point in time. Waiting on the draw to see when I go. If I draw a cow moose tag then will go during archery season. If I don't, then thinking OTC rifle hunt with dad.

McNutt

FNG
Unless they won’t sell non residents tags I’m headed to Colorado for otc elk then Southern Michigan/northern Indiana for a whitetail hunt. It’s not an out of state hunt but I’ll also be chasing auodad in far west Texas with my bow in February.

Coming from Florida, will be headed to New Mexico, Utah, Montana, Wyoming and Arizona. I don't think crossing state lines will be an issue this fall, but who knows, crazy times.

I am an east coaster. Normally make a hunting trip out to Montana every year... With all of the C-19 "who the heck knows" what are your plans? My experience with FWP (Montana) has not been positive on if you purchase something turning it in... And I have not seen anything explicitly posted about what the various western states plans are with regards to that?
Not going out of state but might as well be as i will be driving 9 hours to southern idaho. Going in blind with Google earth and onx by my side. Good luck to ya.