2020 Rokstaff Top Gear Picks

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
How much are these picks influenced by sponsorships? Thanks

As little as possible. We don’t let them read any of the reviews before they come out. The only changes will make to review after it comes out is if it’s inaccurate specs/intended end-user or directions. But obviously they have some influence because they’re the ones paying the bills around here and supplying the gear, just like in the mags. But we did include non-sponsors in the list as well as you see

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kountry Biscuit

Lil-Rokslider
As little as possible. We don’t let them read any of the reviews before they come out. The only changes will make to review after it comes out is if it’s inaccurate specs/intended end-user or directions. But obviously they have some influence because they’re the ones paying the bills around here and supplying the gear, just like in the mags. But we did include non-sponsors in the list as well as you see

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well this site is awesome and for weekend warriors like many of us we rely on folks like y'all that run this site to get quality information on products. Keep doing what y'all are doing. Cheers

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
How much are these picks influenced by sponsorships? Thanks

Maybe this will help. If you look at the 3 picks I submitted.

1. The wool
I was already using the wool.
2. The Kifaru Fulcrum
As a writer, I requested the opportunity to use that specific pack.
3. The Alpacka Packraft
As a writer, I requested permission to use that raft.

I sought out these specific items. They weren’t “assigned” to me. Does that make sense? So I can say (with confidence) that the sponsorship influence was not a factor in my picks.
I hope that makes sense and is helpful.

Kountry Biscuit

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe this will help. If you look at the 3 picks I submitted.

1. The wool
I was already using the wool.
2. The Kifaru Fulcrum
As a writer, I requested the opportunity to use that specific pack.
3. The Alpacka Packraft
As a writer, I requested permission to use that raft.

I sought out these specific items. They weren’t “assigned” to me. Does that make sense? So I can say (with confidence) that the sponsorship influence was not a factor in my picks.
I hope that makes sense and is helpful.
It does. That's basically what I was asking. It sounds like you all have the ability to back most products that you truly like. Thanks