2020 Sheep Meatpole

It’s a sad day for me. I’ve been anticipating my entry into this thread for 2 years now. Sadly it won’t happen until at least next year. Damn Covid!!!

Snyd

WKR
This year I'm the Photographer and HOPEFULLY a Packer! I put in for TMA, my buddy (BRobertson here on the forum) put in for DCUA Walk-in and he drew!! I drew it years ago and got my first ram. This his is first time drawing it so we're pretty stoked. We're handgun hunters ( just like Bow Hunting only lowder :D ) Bob has taken sheep, goats, griz, moose, caribou and who knows what else over the years here in AK. This could be an epic hunt! I just hope the rain turns around. It's been a wet one up here.

Hey, pretty cool. I'm a designated packer for DCUA this year too, and we will be doing the walk-in season also. Bob is a cool guy. If nothing else, you will hear a good story or two.

I'm just hoping the snow in gone by the 10th. Holy cow, those mountains are sure white still.

Hey, pretty cool. I'm a designated packer for DCUA this year too, and we will be doing the walk-in season also. Bob is a cool guy. If nothing else, you will hear a good story or two.

I'm just hoping the snow in gone by the 10th. Holy cow, those mountains are sure white still.

I've been hearing reports of a lot of snow in the mountains yet from all over the state. 2020 sure is an "interesting" year....

VernAK

WKR
Are there AF&G population surveys they’ll release?

The F&G sheep survey for DCUA hasn't been finalized as of last Friday when I checked. Flying weather has been difficult to find.
Yes, there is snow above 5K ft.
Sheep numbers appear to be greater to the East side of DCUA at this time.
If things don't change, expect high water in the creeks. Delta River has overflowed and is endangering a few homes near Delta Jct. Rains are predicted for the next week at least. It was an extreme winter and now our summer precipitation is way above normal.

With current conditions, I would avoid crossing the Delta River near Black Rapids and Jarvis Creek has been high also.

pew

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if the pic is working.... CO opener:) not guided, but if my two friends were not there, there is NO way I would have successful. I’d use the pic with them in there, but I’m not sure they want their likeness on the interwebs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if the pic is working.... CO opener:) not guided, but if my two friends were not there, there is NO way I would have successful. I’d use the pic with them in there, but I’m not sure they want their likeness on the interwebs.

It’s not visible. Get your pic up! Congrats!

Edit: it’s up. Nice work, super exciting stuff!

Last edited:

Jbehredt

WKR

I’m seeing it. Awesome!

Reactions: pew