2020 Sitka Gear Whitetail Packs

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders!

Follow along here, as I video review and update the new Sitka Gear 2020 Whitetail packs.

Ask your questions and if you’d like to see something or have something specific answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob1sh

FNG
I wish Sitka would put out a whitetail pack that can haul meat. I don’t have the luxury of parking the truck and walking 50 yards to my treestand. I won’t be dragging a deer 1-2 miles lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I’d love to see the tool bucket with sticks and a predator platform strapped to it.
I just ordered one yesterday so once it shows I’ll throw up a pic. I owned a previous version the tool box as well and I kept the Predator platform inside the main compartment. I’m planning on doing that again. I think the new strap system on the front and the smaller lid flap will make strapping sticks on the face easier. We’ll see...

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
How does it feel all loaded up? This pack does not have a frame correct? Also your platform paint job is perfect!
First sorry to Les if I'm jacking your review thread. I'm pumped about the new features and felt like sharing my thoughts. Thanks for your videos.

I did that paint job with my two daughters using spray paint and a regular sponge that I cut into strips. Who knew I could put those preschool skills to good use one day.
It feels good packed up and on the back. I would say since the pack is slightly longer than the previous tool box it has a little more flex to the internal frame sheet. It came folded in half in the box so its definitely not a rigid frame. The frame is some sort of flexible plastic sheet. It has nice padding and feels good on the back. I can easily fit my predator platform, an ozonics, snacks and extra layers all inside the main compartment.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s how you can attach predator right to face of pack and mount sticks on the side. For a saddle set up at the base of the tree you pull the predator and clip it on the back of the saddle then you strap your bow on the face of the pack and climb up. 2DCE1B9C-720C-4217-9400-21D7DED49EA7.jpeg

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s a 4 pack of 20” Hawk helium on the sides and predator on the side. That’s probably how I’ll be running it this year.CDE542D8-48C5-4254-B4C2-256D344E016A.jpeg

Man that’s the same sticks and platform I need a pack for. I’m impatiently waiting for the local shop to get theirs in. I want to see the cargo box side by side with this. I am planning to strap the incinerator jacket and bibs to the pack for the hike in for late season. I’m in Michigan so can get pretty cold

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
Man that’s the same sticks and platform I need a pack for. I’m impatiently waiting for the local shop to get theirs in. I want to see the cargo box side by side with this. I am planning to strap the incinerator jacket and bibs to the pack for the hike in for late season. I’m in Michigan so can get pretty cold
I’m also in Michigan
I can easily shove a fanatic vest or bibs in main compartment of this pack, or there are hidden straps both top and bottom to strap rolled up bibs or jacket. I don’t think the incinerator is that much bulkier than the fanatic. I can’t see using the cargo box batwing pockets for how I pack. If I was carrying a hang on stand I’d go with the cargo box but for a saddle set up the tool bucket is perfect for my needs.

I’m also in Michigan
I can easily shove a fanatic vest or bibs in main compartment of this pack, or there are hidden straps both top and bottom to strap rolled up bibs or jacket. I don’t think the incinerator is that much bulkier than the fanatic. I can’t see using the cargo box batwing pockets for how I pack. If I was carrying a hang on stand I’d go with the cargo box but for a saddle set up the tool bucket is perfect for my needs.
Solid! I appreciate that. I want the tool bucket cause the cargo box looks big. But I know that I won’t be able to wear in the incinerator outfit in to my stand. Your post helps! I’m sure I could find something else to spend the money on😝

Trial153

WKR
I bought the tool belt, i love it. Really intuitive and perfect for hunting pre hung sets

Matt G.

WKR
Oh great, this thread is going to cost me more money! I like box and the bucket. I have the LW alpha/sticks, saddle and handclimber. I am moving away from the climber as my go to towards the saddle. So on the bucket, is there enough support to hold those sticks on the side pack comfortably or will they start to sag? Bucket is pretty big. I been debating on getting a MR popup for all around pack that will carry sticks/alpha/handclimber etc...

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I'd say the frame sheet in the bucket has enough stiffness to hold vertically with sticks stacked on the side. Obviously with a full pack with some clothes or something it's better. I haven't noticed any discomfort packing it around my house empty with sticks strapped to the side.