2020 whatcha hunting

Jlkunde

FNG
Everything all depends on the draw here in NV. That being said I have a high likelihood of drawing mule deer and will be buying an OTC elk in Idaho if I don’t draw one here. Hopefully I can make time for spring bear in Idaho but I’ll be packing the 6.5-284 Norma on that one.

Beendare

WKR
Found out yesterday I drew a Big Horn ewe tag here in Colorado, I'm sure I'll draw a plains deer tag too, might or might not do OTC elk

Thats awesome congrats.

This covid thing has me all screwed me up for hunting. My buddies have a couple ranches I can sometimes pig hunt...and another one close I can shoot steel with my pistols. With them being home- not working- the one pig ranch they are down there shooting birds and rifling stuff-or trying to......them in there daily means I haven't been able to go in there and stalk hogs.

They haven't been seeing much hog sign....I wonder why....shotgunning birds and skeet shooting driving them off of a small ranch. I haven't been able to carp shoot either...though I'm fixing that next week.

Man I would love to have the ability to hunt some hogs up here...farmers wouldn’t like it though lol. I am planning to bring my recurve on a early spring goose hunt this fall. Depending on how the hunt goes I plan to try to get a couple with my bow.

anyone had any experience shooting birds like that? anyone have any experience with different heads to use for wing shooting? Should be decoying birds in fairly close so I’m thinking of using some older broadheads on flu flus.

Jardo

WKR
So far, I drew a Montana Big Game combo and NM Elk and Deer tag. I’ll be on Lanai in September for a mouflon sheep hunt. I’ll probably go hunt deer here in Maui several times this year on a private property I have access to.

Hoping for an antelope tag in WY and a deer tag in Utah. Will see when the draws are all done.

2020 should be a great year if we can get the quarantine lifted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pcf

FNG
Deer, hogs, turkey, and maybe bear in TN. Hogs in Ga & FL. Bear in Canada.

TravKatQ

WKR
CA- Deer, hogs
AZ- unit 1 late rifle elk hunt
CO- 3rd season deer and elk
And maybe with some luck another state will draw my name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YankyMate

FNG
Drew another muley tag in NM (!?!), different unit than last year though. Planning a trip up to Oklahoma this year as well as staying close to home for whitetail and maybe a muley here too. And Texas= always hog season so hog hunting every couple weeks; at least once a week for the time being.

1 AK caribou and 2 OK turkey down so far. Hope to hunt AK bear, sheep, caribou, maybe a goat. Then AR deer. Could be an epic year.

barkdevi

FNG
Archery elk in wyo if I don’t draw I’ll go to Idaho.
Mule deer in Nebraska.
Maybe some hogs in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I drew a turkey tag in idaho. I will archery elk and mule deer hunt in idaho too. I'm going to put in for an elk tag and see if I draw or not.

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
Fall Turkey - Kansas
Archery Elk - Montana
Archery Whitetail - Kansas

All hunting this year will be in state (SC). But my nephew and I are going to run a "Western Style" deer hunt in the upper west side of the state. It's more mountainous, and we're going to glass and stalk white tails similarly to hunting coues or muleys. We're using all the same gear and techniques. Should be fun. May also hunt bears while we are at it.

Then squirrels through March and then turkey. My favorite hunting, by far, is an overnight local camping trip hunting/eating squirrel. Always bring some food, because I don't always get dinner in the woods. :)