2021 bird season

OP
Nickziegler
Should have had an easy 2 more grouse but the 1 will do
3e069d42b3466df21f65b5031ded7907.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

jeffdixon

FNG
I have been out in Michigan (Middle northern peninsula) for the past two Sundays.

Still really green and summer like. Haven’t dialed in where the birds are yet. Looks like more humid hot weather this weekend too. Mid 70’s and wet is killing my old dog. A couple hard frosts would be so helpful.

Haven’t even found the woodcock yet. Weird season for me so far. On to Pheasant soon.

View attachment 332827
This is a good day right here. that old timer has some good hunts behind him....

Finally ran into some decent numbers of woodcock yesterday. Had my friend bring his dog from a few hours away to get her on birds, better habitat by me, she found us 5-6 woodcock but no shots as her prey drive got the best of her and she was only flash pointing.

Really wish I could hunt on Sundays. Beautiful day and I know the woodcock should still be there today. I will be hunting my guy the next two mornings and my plan is to run him in areas we found woodcock in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slvrslngr

WKR
My pup just broke his leg. I have no idea how. Looks like bird season is a no-go. Hopefully, he heals without chronic pain or complications. Hope all of you are having a great bird season.
Bummer, sorry to hear that. Hope your guy heals up quickly. ☹️

Last edited:

Holmes

Lil-Rokslider
Our season starts Aug 10th, and August was really wet here, not good upland hunting but we put on a lot of miles anyway.
IMG_3702.JPG

IMG_3710.JPG

Humans did 15 miles this day, dogs' GPSs logged 40 miles.
IMG_4443.jpeg

They hunted hard until the very last yard.
IMG_3707.JPG

When it dried out a bit, the hunting got a bit better. Some young ptarmigan here, mix of rocks and willows.
IMG_3796.JPG

IMG_3820.JPG

September was mostly for waterfowl
IMG_3853.JPG

But we did road trip up north to try to get a grouse Hat Trick in a day. Some others in our group did get the hat trick, but I only got a ruff and sharptail this day, of all the birds to not find I can't believe I couldn't locate a spruce. We're usually thick with those things.
IMG_3983.JPG

October was big game hunting.
Now it's November and the snow has finally arrived so I can hunt on skis again. This is my preferred way to upland hunt, fast and smooth and putting the "up" in upland. I'm on the hunt for the ptarmigan hat trick: willow, white tail, rock in a single ski loop. Got 2 out of 3 yesterday, whitetail and willow.
IMG_4859.jpeg

IMG_2014.JPG

Our season starts Aug 10th, and August was really wet here, not good upland hunting but we put on a lot of miles anyway.
View attachment 344532

View attachment 344534

View attachment 344539

View attachment 344533

When it dried out a bit, the hunting got a bit better. Some young ptarmigan here, mix of rocks and willows.
View attachment 344535

View attachment 344536

View attachment 344537

But we did road trip up north to try to get a grouse Hat Trick in a day. Some others in our group did get the hat trick, but I only got a ruff and sharptail this day, of all the birds to not find I can't believe I couldn't locate a spruce. We're usually thick with those things.
View attachment 344538

Now it's November and the snow has finally arrived so I can hunt on skis again. This is my preferred way to upland hunt, fast and smooth and putting the "up" in upland. I'm on the hunt for the ptarmigan hat trick: willow, white tail, rock in a single ski loop. Got 2 out of 3 yesterday, whitetail and willow.
View attachment 344540

View attachment 344542
Now that’s an epic looking season and backdrop

Oregon

WKR
View attachment 344532

View attachment 344534

View attachment 344539

View attachment 344533

View attachment 344535

View attachment 344536

View attachment 344537

View attachment 344538

View attachment 344540

View attachment 344542
The quality of Pics and the details wins post of the year in my opinion. That is complete awesomeness.