2021 CA Big Game Draw Results

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like the draw results are out (modulo the fundraiser raffles which haven't been completed as far as I can tell). I didn't put it in for anything interesting this year; it was a point collecting exercise (in futility?) for me. Took an archery tag and an OTC tag for rifle. Here's hoping that a few folks hit some nice premium tags to chase deer in the fall.

Didn’t draw my second choice deer this year but that’s ok. I’ll pickup another A zone tag or possibly D13 this year.

Skip_Dog

FNG
^
Same here. B zone and maybe a private property big A zone buck. Here's looking for X next season.

KeenEye

FNG
A19 and will be grabbing my typical D8 tag as well. Saving for x9a next year if I can hack it with the points.

Jusgunn3

Lil-Rokslider
D6 and private D3 for me this year, going to try the bow for the first time on the property

Sea Wolf

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted G1 last year. Lotta people with big camps around the wilderness zone. I'd recommend the wilderness permit pass, a good 4x4, and a fresh pair of legs to get away from folks.

No draw this year for me.

Kpfarm

FNG
There are some good spots in g1 where are you looking? Plenty of area away from the wilderness. Use a boat

There are some good spots in g1 where are you looking? Plenty of area away from the wilderness. Use a boat
I've definitely considered boat access when looking at some other zones; seems like a good idea in C4. I assume Almanor gets hammered?

I'm looking at maps for NF land at similar elevations to the Tehama WA as well as up higher since I don't really know when the migration will get under way. Hoping to do some real scouting closer to the season.

Kpfarm

FNG
You're definitely thinking right. I've been thru most of the zone. Weather will make a big difference which I'm sure you know. But bucks will still be rutty and the closer to the sac river the more rut action. There are different genetics all over the zone and some of the areas you listed I wouldn't over look. Dont overlook walk in areas along the sac or even doing it by boat. It can be special when right.

You're definitely thinking right. I've been thru most of the zone. Weather will make a big difference which I'm sure you know. But bucks will still be rutty and the closer to the sac river the more rut action. There are different genetics all over the zone and some of the areas you listed I wouldn't over look. Dont overlook walk in areas along the sac or even doing it by boat. It can be special when right.
Thanks, that's helpful. Always easy to miss the small scraps of land when you're looking at huge forest tracts

Drew A1, points for everything else. Every spot I was planning on hunting, or had hunted in the past, is either closed or burnt........

ArborKat

FNG
X2 here. Last I hunted that was about 25 years ago. Used up my 10 points. Hopefully it’s not as bad as everything I’m hearing about it, but it is good ol CA.