24 AZ Elk Draw

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
My biggest concern every year is that they put my lifetime app in the nonresident pool.
All of the NR lifetime licenses were flagged as LL for 2023. But yet AZ gfd still messed up and NR capped all those people. Despite the fact that they should have been in the res pool. The guys that should have draw in the preference point pass all got their tags. The dept called them and made it right.

BUT 4 x as many people were wronged. The LL guys that should/did draw on the 80% random (1-2 pass) never got their tags in 2023. And they are none the wiser for it as they cannot self identify like the PP guys could.

The department should have grepped the draw logs and identified those guys and did the right thing. But that didn't happen as AZ GFD doesn't like to talk about their mess ups. Just like they have never publicly disclosed what happened in 2021 when the data was withheld a couple extra weeks after cc hits.

All of the NR lifetime licenses were flagged as LL for 2023. But yet AZ gfd still messed up and NR capped all those people. Despite the fact that they should have been in the res pool. The guys that should have draw in the preference point pass all got their tags. The dept called them and made it right.

BUT 4 x as many people were wronged. The LL guys that should/did draw on the 80% random (1-2 pass) never got their tags in 2023. And they are none the wiser for it as they cannot self identify like the PP guys could.

The department should have grepped the draw logs and identified those guys and did the right thing. But that didn't happen as AZ GFD doesn't like to talk about their mess ups. Just like they have never publicly disclosed what happened in 2021 when the data was withheld a couple extra weeks after cc hits.
I knew residents that year who should have drawn in the preference pass and didn't and proved to AZGFD that they should have drawn and were given tags.

My even bigger concern is that they screw up and do it with sheep

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Myself and many I hunt with every year in AZ, none of us are drawn on the same day. Some guys get hit first day, others 2-3 weeks after. I stopped in to see them 3 years ago they said this is totally normal. Maybe something has changed, I’ll stop in on Monday.

Acharenio

FNG
i got drawn, i had 7 points, my first choice was 23 late rifle, my 2nd was 6B early archery. i think i got 6B because with 7 points 23 was like 6.8% and 6B was 30%. i hope is 6B rather hunt in the rut and september is warmer.

Ark6

FNG
card update deadline to results

2/20 - ?? 2024
3/6 - 3/15 2023
3/1- 3/8 2022
3/12 -3/20 2021
2/27 - 3/5 2020
2/28 - 3/8 2019
3/1 - 3/8 2018
3/16 - 4/3 2017

Looks like roughly a week on average, obviously some outlying years but that would be the approximate wait. Hoping to see which area my group got drawn for this week but won’t hold my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Results posted. No tags here.

When are points awarded? I applied for elk and pronghorn, both unsuccessful. So should be getting a point for each species, correct?

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. Results posted. No tags here.

When are points awarded? I applied for elk and pronghorn, both unsuccessful. So should be getting a point for each species, correct?
As @Tmcgarrigle said it'll take a few weeks usually to update those points. Yes, one point per each species that you did not draw for.

cstab

FNG
Picked up my first Arizona tag on my 3rd year applying. Unit eight late rifle. Super excited about the opportunity. Prior to applying, I ran it by the wife on how she would feel if I had to miss thanksgiving this year for a hunt. She promptly replied she would not be happy…so I proceeded to apply anyways

Going solo on this one. Keeping my fingers crossed early for decent weather. My biggest concern for the trip is road conditions should the weather turn rank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk