24 AZ Elk Draw

Picked up my first Arizona tag on my 3rd year applying. Unit eight late rifle. Super excited about the opportunity. Prior to applying, I ran it by the wife on how she would feel if I had to miss thanksgiving this year for a hunt. She promptly replied she would not be happy…so I proceeded to apply anyways

Going solo on this one. Keeping my fingers crossed early for decent weather. My biggest concern for the trip is road conditions should the weather turn rank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Conditions are pretty mild often that time of year however there have been a few years with snowstorms and it turns into an absolute mess. A lot of Arizonans don't understand how to drive in snow or what chains do and the mud and clay there doesn't help. You can always ask the wife is she wants to spend thanksgiving in a camp!

satchamo

WKR
Picked up my first Arizona tag on my 3rd year applying. Unit eight late rifle. Super excited about the opportunity. Prior to applying, I ran it by the wife on how she would feel if I had to miss thanksgiving this year for a hunt. She promptly replied she would not be happy…so I proceeded to apply anyways

Going solo on this one. Keeping my fingers crossed early for decent weather. My biggest concern for the trip is road conditions should the weather turn rank.

Sent you a PM - sounds like we’re in a similar situation

Acharenio

FNG

are you using an outfitter?

My 10yo drew 2a/b early rifle... first time applying him in AZ... He drew NM this past year, but we didn't get it done, so hopefully this year.

Same here... my 14 yo got drawn on his first try for late rifle bull in unit 8. I wasnt expecting it for another 5-10 years, but very happy for him.

Ark6

FNG

I’ve seen everything between dry and super wet mixed rain/sleet/snow from 8° to mid 60° in early December in GMU 8.

holder171

FNG
I put an application in this year for the first time knowing I wouldn’t get drawn but wanted to start building some points. When I check my draw app details it says not drawn; which I expected, but when I check my bonus points it says I have 0. Maybe I misunderstood this process, but I was under the assumption an application that doesn’t get drawn gets a point? Am I just jumping the gun and need to give the state time to update it? Thanks

Mash

FNG
I put an application in this year for the first time knowing I wouldn’t get drawn but wanted to start building some points. When I check my draw app details it says not drawn; which I expected, but when I check my bonus points it says I have 0. Maybe I misunderstood this process, but I was under the assumption an application that doesn’t get drawn gets a point? Am I just jumping the gun and need to give the state time to update it? Thanks

Your bonus point won’t show up until everything is finalized.

WRO

WKR
My 10yo drew 2a/b early rifle... first time applying him in AZ... He drew NM this past year, but we didn't get it done, so hopefully this year.

I had that a few years ago, it’s a tough hunt but there’s opportunities

Reactions: CMF
Picked up the random NR tag this year. Had 7 points going in and needed around 10 to draw. Can't wait early archery rutting bulls here I come!
Little note my credit card didn't show a hit until 2/26 I had stopped looking to see if I had a hit and didn't find out until I checked the portal.

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider

AZGFD takes ages to update anything on their archaic website