2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

wouldn't make any money. They were selling for a $1 at Expo but I don't think anyone bought them so he started handing them out. Desperate measures for desperate times I guess.

It would make $20 from me.

Don't sell yourself short Robby, might be a lot of people buy them now that you have expressed the distaste for that title.

I won't wear it for the fear of the bad mojo, but maybe it could be offset with some good.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It would make $20 from me.

Don't sell yourself short Robby, might be a lot of people buy them now that you have expressed the distaste for that title.

I won't wear it for the fear of the bad mojo, but maybe it could be offset with some good.

No bracelets!!!!

I got on here to post my arrow, only other one I shot since about 10 days ago. Shooting better than I was in the cold bow challenge. Ha Ha.

0c09ed93656aba054a6d1f6d372b59e9.jpg

Will close the thread Friday, and start drawing for prizes after that. Thanks everybody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Well just had my first baby boy and im finally getting settled in and decided to pick up the ol Hoyt for the first time in 2 weeks probly , definitely practicing with no sleep 🤣, I’m sure all parents can relate lol , but look at Robbies shooting after a while , spot on , and I found simular results , wonder if there is something to be said about shooting to much giving the chance to create bad habits , idk but I know there’s a balance and everyone is different but I find it interesting , good luck to everyone in the drawings27A50CD4-9DB6-4D67-A752-F46AF37EDF41.jpeg

BigWoods

WKR
I think many people, in many skills, practice themselves into a lower performance by losing focus and not doing so perfectly.
I think I've noticed that with myself in archery. A few years ago when I first got my new bow I was shooting a lot. I think at first that was good just to build a new foundation (after not shooting for about a decade) but I found that when sessions went too long id get twitchy.

Now I'm doing 2 or so days a week with 10-15 arrows most days out with much more consistency. Once hunting season approaches, I'll ramp that up to 4-5 days a week but still only a dozen or so arrows.

BDRam16

WKR
I have a target in my basement at 10 yards. If I go in the basement, I shoot until I get 10 rings with 4 arrows. Definitely been helping

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I think many people, in many skills, practice themselves into a lower performance by losing focus and not doing so perfectly.

You’re right, I’ve heard experts in many disciplines talk about it from pole vaulting & various sports where form is critical. There’s a time for volume but perfect practice is where it’s at.

I can’t remember the podcast, but there was a expert in class talking about how many other pro shooters shoot a lot less than people think. I don’t know if that’s totally true, but I have heard it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's quality of practice. It's not about number of arrows, but number of good arrows.

I shoot a lot and 60 perfect arrows can be a struggle, a real struggle. 56 as well, I haven't found the perfect 56 yet.

I really keep telling people to shoot spots and keep score, that's how you track progress. It really shows when you start to fall off too.

BDRam16

WKR
It's quality of practice. It's not about number of arrows, but number of good arrows.

I shoot a lot and 60 perfect arrows can be a struggle, a real struggle. 56 as well, I haven't found the perfect 56 yet.

I really keep telling people to shoot spots and keep score, that's how you track progress. It really shows when you start to fall off too.
Solid advice. Whenever I practice, I concentrate on form and technique. The process is more important that the result.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
5/19/21 update:
You all ready for this? This is the fun part for me and the staff. We love to give away great gear from Rokslide's very generous sponsors. Even if you don't win, support these sponsors as they stepped up with $thousands in gear to support the cause of making better bowhunters!

@Travis Bertrand drew for the winners.

The way I'm going to do it, is post the prizes valued under about $350 today and get that slew of emails out of the way, then post the bigger prizes between tomorrow and Monday.

First, if you don't want your prize, you can either...

1) Give it to a friend
2) Let the alternate shown next to your name take it.

I can't be the go-between on trading prizes! I just need to know who we're shipping to, so just send me the email when you have a final decision.

You can PM your alternate by using the search in upper right corner, 2nd text box in the drop-down (in full-site) then typing the screenname. I won't contact the alternate unless you don't claim your prize.

To claim your prize, email me at [email protected] by May 26th or prize goes to your alternate.
Prize/Winner/Alternate
Stealth Cam Trail Cam CamofireStonewalllukehaz7
Tyto KnifeJKDRGNcronsman
$150 Gift Card Black OvisWadestewbozeman
Phoneskope packageNtrlBrnhunterratbeetle
Iron Will broadhead OR knifeGrandpassagebroken compass
Pyro Putty kitRodeojasonwidaho
S&S Trekking polesDamxambjfoxhaven
$150 Camofire Gift CardBill Vsndmnd11
Arrow ID custom buildTommynealydamxam

Last edited: