2022 Mathews V3X ***Updated 2/6/22***

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Today launches the new Mathews 2022 flagship, the V3X. Hold tight and follow along!

2022 Mathews V3X Review

11d5caadfb009298111282fb6ff08942.jpg

AkRyan

WKR
Isn't it just like the v3 but you get new gadgets from mathews? I saw there new sight is $350...

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be clear I am a mathews guy and I have a vxr...and I will have a vxr next season lol

It is not the same actually. Review will be coming. Integrated dovetail site mount in the center of the riser. Bridge lock mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be clear I am a mathews guy and I have a vxr...and I will have a vxr next season lol

Same here. Im a Mathews guy, but sticking with the VXR 28.

Its going to take something special to move me away from the VXR though. The VXR 28 is perfect for my DL. I dont think they needed to do much so Im not disappointed that they didnt. They focused mostly on accessories and attachment options this year. I believe the V3x is slightly heavier and slower than the VXR and V3.

If you are buying a whole new set up with bow, sight, rest, quiver, etc, this might be your year to do it.

If you already have high end accessories and are happy with them, youll probably stick with VXR/V3.

TheTone

WKR
Just learned the new site mount takes any dovetail

I’m curious what sort of horizontal travel or view issues older dovetails might have mounted in the bridge lock. My spot Hogg would now be moved a fair amount inboard, that said it’s probably been mounted on a riser that was thinner than current so maybe it’s close to the same position?

Shot a V3 and really liked it but decided to wait for the V3X but it sounds like I could save a few bucks and get the VXR and still have the same shooting experience.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Shot the 33 today. To me it felt steadier in the hand than the VXR or V3 31.5

Hard to quantify it but it’s there.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Geez Les, that didn’t take very long to get blood on that thing. I’m glad you’re doing this review, sounds like it’s going to help a lot of guys figure out a few things: to stay or jump up.