2022 Mathews V3X ***Updated 2/6/22***

KineKilla

WKR
While I plan to continue shooting my Vertix for a long time, that stay afield system feature is pretty slick.

Still looks like you'd need a press to swap strings but making string or cable adjustments should be way easier.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I shot the V3X 33 tonight. I also shot the RX7. Both shoot very very smooth and quiet at least to me. I am having a very difficult time talking myself out of ordering a v3x 33. I am not a buy a new bow every year guy but Mathews finally made a bow that peaks my interest.

ChuckC

WKR
Im trying to decide between the two right now . I'm only a 29" draw and mainly tree stand hunt so I am leaning towards shortr lighter.
I’m a 28” draw and have no trouble with the string angle. It’s been a great shooter and first kill was yesterday on an old 7 point that had been a 4 point for at least 3 years. Been after it since last week of September. I was beginning to think that deer was a vampire.

I'm interested in switching to Matthews from my BT reign 6 - I just don't know if I will be able to tell if it's an upgrade or not. The reign still shoots well but something new is always fun! I like the longer ATA bows...

I'm interested in switching to Matthews from my BT reign 6 - I just don't know if I will be able to tell if it's an upgrade or not. The reign still shoots well but something new is always fun! I like the longer ATA bows...
Yeah I’m in the same boat. The X33 is really appealing. Hard to imagine it can dethrone a Reign7 though?

Correct. But if the 27 or 31 didn't fit you last year they now have 4 sizes so you can really dial in the best string angle for your facial structure or style of hunting/shooting
My son loves his 33” V3X. The draw cycle and Bridge Lock are very nice. He is having to get use to the extra weight of a longer bow

i have both the v3x 29 and vxr 28 . to me both are excellent bows , i bought the vxr new 2 years ago and it has been a reliable force. ive killed quite a few deer with [ never got a shot while elk hunting but it went through rugged shit and always stayed in tune . i have less experience with the v3x but so far im impressed . it seems easier to tune in my opinion and the draw and release is super smooth. i will try some late season deer hunting with it so we'll see how that goes . id be happy to answer any questions!

sgholmes

FNG
Im trying to decide between the two right now . I'm only a 29" draw and mainly tree stand hunt so I am leaning towards shortr lighter.

I am a 28.5" DL and the V3X 29 has been money for me. I had the V3 27 for a short bit, but couldn't get along with it at all. When I went into the bow shop I was 99% sure I was walking out with the V3X 33 because I didn't think 2 more inches of ATA length would make a difference. The 29 surprised me in a big way - great in the tree stand and wouldn't hesitate taking it out West.

deertrout

Lil-Rokslider
I swore I'd never replace my triax until I shot a VXR. Swore I'd never replace that, too, but that stay afield system is pretty dang sweet. Gonna be hard not to shoot one of these.

So I shot the V3X 33 last week and I actually wasn't a fan. it was super smooth for sure but it falls into the let off oh so gently that it kinda weirded me out. I almost let it down accidentally because I just couldn't feel where it falls off at the backwall.. Wasn't a fan. To see what I'm talking about check this video:

*skip ahead to 2:40 to see what I'm talking about

Last edited:
I've got one ordered (33"). Waiting on it to come in. Same with the new Hamskea rest that is meant to be slimmed down for it. Love the idea of the integrated and slimmed down approach to everything. Even as a barebow, the one I shot was so smooth and quiet. With all that said, the reason I bought the bow was the Stay Afield System. I think that's the biggest innovation with this bow.

So I shot the V3X 33 last week and I actually wasn't a fan. it was super smooth for sure but it falls into the let off oh so gently that it kinda weirded me out. I almost let it down accidentally because I just couldn't feel where it falls off at the backwall.. Wasn't a fan. To see what I'm talking about check this video:

*skip ahead to 2:40 to see what I'm talking about
what let off % we're you using?

Holocene

WKR
I actually prefer the “touchy” feeling on these new Mathews bows and choose to shoot the 80% mods. Another word to describe this feeling is “responsive.” If you’re not used to it, you think it’s bad. I actually prefer the feeling now. Target archers shoot cams that feel this way.

Heck, I even hunted with a 75% letoff Mathews Halon X Comp last year.

Shooting a hinge, that higher holding weight and faster cam response lead to better down range accuracy.

Another fringe benefit is smoother letdowns and smoother draw — almost like a recurve.

Biggest downside is it’s hard to hold for a long time if you are shooting 70# and up. I shoot 62# at 31” draw and can hold about a minute no problem with the 75% mods.

I like how the new integrated rest automatically lifts into position as you draw back.

Last edited:

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a 33 but hasn’t shown up yet. Was supposed to be in at the start of December. Pretty excited to get in my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk