2022 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

Fatcamp

WKR
Changed everything. We shall see.

Going back to my back up bow, lower draw weight, different arrows and broadheads, new release.

I will do 50 yards with broadheads this year.

Rob5589

WKR
May try the recurve (only a few months in) @ 25 yds. Although the way I've been shooting it lately, that may be 20 too far. :LOL:

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just fired day two, it’s up in post number 31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Prizes updated:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Posting starts on the 30th, or shooting starts on the 30th?
#4 post a photo each day.

Simply start shooting and posting on the 30th
956dbef27f76a614e2d82259c8b8e0b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Ok this could be a ridiculous question but I’m going to ask anyway, so if the blade of your broadhead breaks the mark but your shaft is out , is it IN or OUT , check out the green circle in the pic, just want to clear this up before we get going here !!!BE7142E9-121F-48DF-8D7D-AC89EE3CB092.jpeg

Ok this could be a ridiculous question but I’m going to ask anyway, so if the blade of your broadhead breaks the mark but your shaft is out , is it IN or OUT , check out the green circle in the pic, just want to clear this up before we get going here !!!View attachment 398806

I mean, we set our own limits, so it's upto you.

If I was calling it, I'd call that arrow out.

bsnedeker

WKR
Ok this could be a ridiculous question but I’m going to ask anyway, so if the blade of your broadhead breaks the mark but your shaft is out , is it IN or OUT , check out the green circle in the pic, just want to clear this up before we get going here !!!View attachment 398806
Would it still kill whatever animal you are basing your target size on?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Would it still kill whatever animal you are basing your target size on?

9 inches , I’d like to say there’s hope if you clipped the vitals, I just thought it was a valid question,

bsnedeker

WKR
9 inches , I’d like to say there’s hope if you clipped the vitals, I just thought it was a valid question,
Yeah totally....the way I look at the challenge if it's a lethal shot it counts, so that's what I was getting at. If being just outside means you only clip the vitals I would personally call that out.

But yeah, it's really up to you if you decide if it is in or not.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah totally....the way I look at the challenge if it's a lethal shot it counts, so that's what I was getting at. If being just outside means you only clip the vitals I would personally call that out.

Yep it’s a personal challenge and we don’t wanna get too far in the weeds on everything. Even if you miss all five arrows, you’re still qualified for the challenge if you follow the rest of the rules.

The value of the challenge is can you keep an arrow in vitals when you only have one chance and no do overs. If you find you can’t, maybe you should consider shrinking your MER. That’s what I’ve done on previous years

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Well per this discussion, I put my money where my mouth is. See post 31 above