We're back! This is 6th year of our annual Cold Bow Challenge.
We just love publically embarrassing ourselves and members!
This challenge is designed to test your realistic Maximum Effective Range (MER). The Challenge will start Saturday, April 30th AT 8:15 AM MTN TIME on this thread.
You shoot one arrow each day of the challenge with no warm up or follow up shots and no practice between days, hence the name, Cold Bow Challenge.
Below are the entry rules. READ THEM ALL OR DON’T PARTICIPATE.
We delete ineligible posts without notice. If you have questions or comments, post those on the Q&A/Comment thread here so this thread stays clean.
1) Start a post in this thread (one post per shooter) on your first shooting day (you don't have to start on day one, but you do have to be done within 4 weeks (May 28th) or within a few days when 150th shooter finishes to qualify for prizes). No reserving post slots! Start your post once you start the challenge. Most years, you need to shoot within the first week to have an open slot.
2) Call the range that you think is your REALISTIC maximum effective range (MER). You must shoot your personal MER, so if it’s 60 yards, you can’t shoot 20 because that's all you have in your backyard! Push yourself a bit and make the effort--that's the spirit of the challenge.
3) With no warm up shots, shoot one arrow a day and only one arrow at your MER (you do NOT have to shoot 5 days consecutively, but there is NO PRACTICE between shooting days.)
4) Post a photo of that arrow's placement on a target that represents the kill zone size of your intended species. It's a five-day/five-arrow challenge, so post a photo each day in your original post so all five arrows appear in one post. (Just use the "edit" button—bottom of your post on full-site, or if on Tapa Talk, hold your finger on your post for a few seconds to see Edit option)
5) Be sure and mention the conditions, wind direction, and it’s fine to call your shot (“pulled left" for example) and give us a quick summary on your equipment. This is a gear site and we all want to know what our buddies are shooting.
6) To qualify, you must be a member posting on your own account. If you want your kids to shoot, they need to post on their own account. (Sorry, just too messy for the judges to figure out what’s going on.)
All Traditional and Compound shooters are welcome (but there will not be separate divisions). You can shoot both Traditional for five arrows and Compound for five arrows to double your odds, (put all 10 arrows in one post and it's OK to shoot both bows on the same day)
How Points are Counted:
--Every qualified participant shooting field points gets ONE name in the hat
--Every qualified particpant who shoots broadheads (fixed or mechanical) for all five arrows gets TWO names in the hat *note that practice heads for mechanicals are counted as field points. Shoot your mechanical if you want to qualify for broadhead category
--For every member that has at least 250 posts (on the day we qualify you), we'll give you THREE names in the hat for field points, or FOUR for Broadheads --it pays to be an active member!
Finally, this is not a competition, but because we're generous and we have some great sponsors, we’ll be DRAWING for some killer prizes for our qualifying members (Rokslide staff, family can shoot but can't win the prizes).
@mtnwrunner @Travis Bertrand & @realunlucky will be watching the thread to make sure entry rules are followed. If you don’t fix your post in a reasonable amount of time, we’ll delete it (sorry, we don’t have time to chase!)
Those guys will draw from those who complete the challenge according to these rules posted above
Edit: 6/6/22 Here are the winners!
Crispi boot package- @gburk
Iron Will Broadheads- @Johnson27
Mountic Outdoors- @doverpack12
ONX1 Elite- @chadcharb
ONX2 Elite- @Jbxl20
Ross Outdoors Stalking Shoes- @Felton
Tyto Knife- @cody21peterson
Pyro Putty- @Cody_W
Creative Outdoors MT Bow Sling- @TX_Diver
SS Archery trekking poles- @mickfam03
Black Ovis Gift Card @Miflatlander91
Camofire Gift Card @thegoosano
Black Ovis Custom Arrow Build- @Chad E
Reminder- you have five days to send me a PM to claim your prize. If not, the prize could go to an alternate. Congratulations to the winners!