2022 Updated Kuiu Mountain Star 2P Tent

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is a quick video of the "Updated" 2022 Kuiu Mountain Star 2P Tent. I have had this tent for about a year and it was originally scheduled to be released last year, but the nonsense that went on in the world led to problems with sourcing materials and the supply chain. Those issues are resolved and this tent is up on the Kuiu Website as of now. If you have any questions, leave them on this thread and I will try to answer them for you or find the answer. Thanks.

Link to Star 2P on KUIU here

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is a quick video of the "Updated" 2022 Kuiu Mountain Star 2P Tent. I have had this tent for about a year and it was originally scheduled to be released last year, but the nonsense that went on in the world led to problems with sourcing materials and the supply chain. Those issues are resolved and this tent is up on the Kuiu Website as of now. If you have any questions, leave them on this thread and I will try to answer them for you or find the answer. Thanks.

Link to Star 2P on KUIU here
Your link to the mountain star is broken.
Looks like some great improvements

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
It seems to be working on the desktop Rokslide version. Are you trying it on Tapatalk?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
@RosinBag Tried it on Tapatalk and Rokslide mobile version. Maybe it's just my phone.
3d9e19e66934882a33473f26306525c1.jpg

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It seems to be working on the desktop Rokslide version. Are you trying it on Tapatalk?

I fixed the link to KUIU.

for those of you wanting to watch the video from Tapatalk, you don’t push the arrow in the center of the video like usual, but you got to go down below that and look for a little tiny YouTube logo. Click on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyB

WKR
Thanks for the vid, made me want to look at one again, the weight for a 2 man double wall is great.

I do wonder though how those raised seams for the poles effect the stability of the tent in high winds, ie catching the wind,

Have you had it in any significant wind Doug?

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven’t had it in significant wind yet, but it still has less profile than another tent that has a fly on it. The new sleeves are only about two thirds the length of the poles. The bottom section still has the clips. The benefit of the sleeves are much higher stability and strength, so I don’t think wind will change the performance of how it performs.

At 3# 1.6 ounces, it is tough to beat for size, volume and double wall.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Thanks for the vid, made me want to look at one again, the weight for a 2 man double wall is great.

I do wonder though how those raised seams for the poles effect the stability of the tent in high winds, ie catching the wind,

Have you had it in any significant wind Doug?
Hillebergs are like this (ie pole sleeves above the tent body) and they do quite well in the wind. It's true it isn't as slippery as a profile but from my use, I wouldn't be worried about them as a negative feature that would compromise the tent structure in wind. I think they help more than hurt.

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
I do like this tent and it would probably work fine for my use, but I am holding out for when the storm star is back in stock. Thanks for the great info!

Edit: @RosinBag do you think it’s worth upgrading to the storm star or just using this even into the winter?

Last edited: